1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The best cutting edge.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Pearcelawn, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I have a 22 series and I need a new edge for it. Which one will last the longest? Also I know no one can quote a price but could someone give me a ball park figure? Like + or - 50bucks would be cool if possible. If not no problem and thanks in advance.

2. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Anyone out there?

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Tom must be off today.....
    -----------> :drinkup:

4. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

You will be in the neighborhood of $160 for a steel cutting edge which, includes the bag of bolts.

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

There are 2 different edges available for the 22 series. Either 1/4" or 3/8". The 3/8" would have a longer wear life.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There is also the poly, wears well, is quiet, and paved surface friendly.

7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

basher's right there is a poly cutting edge aswell but go with the steel cutting edge since you were concerned about the life of the cutting edge... unless you have one of those accounts that dont want you to scrape on the concrete

8. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

sorry dont know how we all lost this yesterday :confused: :realmad:

9. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I appreciate the help. Long life is a concern. I want to do it right the first time. I don't have any issues with paved surfaces. Have a steel one now and it has worked well.

I do have a couple of drives that are concrete though. Maybe a poly is for me.

Anyone else want to chime in?

Thanks again. Plowsite and the folks here rule!!

10. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

I'm running a $59 Meyer, welded up the existing holes and redrilled for the Sno Way bolt pattern, ran great all through last winter. Wore off about 1/8" overall.