1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Back Rack we built

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by f250man, Dec 4, 2008.

1. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Here is the Back Rack Me, Tom and Clap built for my truck We just finished Toms Yesterday and he needs to post some pics of it. I made mine to fit over my cover.

What do you think?

back rack 1.jpg

back rack 2.JPG

back rack 3.JPG

back rack 4.JPG

2. Thelawnscaper

Thelawnscaper Member

damn fab me up something!

3. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

me too...u might make more money ...than plowing snow...lol

4. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

could you 45 those square edges on the top of box would look more finished imo but very nice job

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Looks like the real deal..I'm actually on my way to pick up 2 more from BackRack directly. How much time and $$$ you have into that? Just curious.

6. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

looks real good. I like how you made it so you can still use your cover.

7. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I have $ 100.00 in steel and a few hours of fab and welding. I can built anyone one for $ 150.00 + shipping.

8. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Looks great. I've been thinking about getting one for my F150. How does that attach to the bed?

9. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

rack

ussmileyflaglooks nice and homegrown !

10. fordmstng66

I will have to keep that in mind, the way you made yours, i could even use my tool box without making i higher than it already is.

11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I drilled and bolted mine with toggle bolts but you can get the mount that gose in the stake pocket and mount it that way.

12. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Here is mine all done with the lightbar mounted too!!! I think I may add some led strobes and/or some back up lights to it as well

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice if I say so myself we did a great job. :D :D :drinkup:

14. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sure did!!! I think it came out perfect!! Thanks again Steve:waving:

15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Any time Tom we forgot to weld the exhaust next time buddy.

16. fordmstng66

Tom looks good, i been debating another back rack, should have kept the one from the Ford, wasn't sure if i wanted to spend the 250 for one. 150 isn't bad, but i have to pay to have my trees cut down first, hopefully after the snow starts falling, and i can make some money.

17. jml416

jml416 Junior Member

nice rack!!

18. Sydenstricker Landscaping

There are only a few little spots to fix on the exhaust now since I lopped off the tailpipes.

Thanks, it is not very often someone tells me I have a nice rack LMAO:D:D

19. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks real nice Tom and Steve. So when do I get mine. Just finished the install today of my whelen 90 Watt Hideaways. Took a little longer then expected, But i wanted to make sure it was perfect. All the Wire is wrapped in that plastic shielding and I found a nice 3 button controller for $20 on ebay. All connections are sealed up tight as I siliconed all fittings then put di-electirc grease in them and wrapped them in electrical tape and are now water tight. Thanks for the advice TOM:salute:. Got two 30 ft cables and two 15 ft cables. I was able to get away with just using the two 30 ft cables split in half to do the entire install. so i have two perfect 15 ft cables for back up, or for when Steve makes me my back rack I will split them and use them to put a couple of of amber strobes on her and I will be set for the season. But they look real nice. And in the previous post steve you can make some real money fab some of those up for guys on here during your down time. When are doing lunch again... I will bring the truck next time so I can pick up the new back rack. Do you think steve sees that I want him to make me a back rack.:)

20. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

You should get a little red LED to but on the Chevy b/c the third brake light is completely blocked.