1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The amazing power of national news coverage...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Okay so Dave Price of CBS news came to Rochester Tuesday night to cover how the city handles large snow events for the Wednesday morning broadcast. Our snow started Tuesday but was just real small and dense and by 8pm we were lucky if we had 3", concequently I didn't do any resi's but had dumped a bunch of salt at my commercial early and it had been burning the stuff off all day. Anyway by 3am the totals were around 8" +/- so off I go.

Now typically the Greece DPW has been by my house already and as I drive into the city limits to do my commercial you know right where the town line is because of all the snow. But Wednesday night was just the opposite:eek:The Side roads were done, the city sidewalks were done, everything was done and they were just putting some final salt down:dizzy:

If I were a city resident I would be slightly pissed, since the last storm we had the city made a big deal out of how they have to allocate this and that and if you live on a side street it wouldn't be touched for some time:angry: ...............whatever. my rant of the day

2. mnormington

mnormington Senior Member

municipal employee: get the job, then sit back and wait for the pension checks to start rolling in. unless someone shines the light on them. I guess I'd do it too.