1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The all new TRUCKTOR!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stroker79, Jan 19, 2010.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I saw this over on a Ford forum I frequent and had to post it here. I personally think its awesome!

truck (1000 x 750).jpg
  2. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Only in Minnesota....
  3. stroker79

LOL, then where is yours?......
  4. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

haha, frame would snap. and im not that engineeringly inclined
  5. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

Unimogs come with a front bucket option... I wonder how much that Dodge will lift before the cash splits in two?
  6. Buck Bros.

Buck Bros. Member

theres a reason he is under that hood
  7. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

He's tempting fate or suicidal... You couldn't get me under the bucket of that truck for any reason.
  8. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

Why? Visibility would be terrible. Not to mention the pickup was never intended to be a loader. Future candidate for a darwin award.
  9. stroker79

LOL I dunno, that dodge isnt new and that bucket looks like it gets some use!

The guy that posted the pic said he was checking his oil. That dodge looks like its in mint condition!
  10. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Nice, I think he's on to something. Put a plow on that mount and just think how high you could stack your piles. LOL
  11. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

We have a guy here in town with one! next time I see and I have my darn camera ill snap a few pics. I have always wondered exactly what they use it for? Loading trucks on site? How much do u think the entire setup weighs? You would think that he would need substantial ballast in the rear? Crazy dude I say, One crazy dude........really tho, what the heck would u need that for. Cant afford a skid and trailer, time saver, the truck is used specifically for one thing and thats it? I wanna chase down the guy in town and ask, buts hes a scary 400 lb biker dude that looks PO'ed all the time.
  12. Buck Bros.

Buck Bros. Member

wondering how many gallons in the wet box and the pully size under the hood:laughing:
    or is that electrified ..lmao
  13. timberjack

timberjack Member

No loader on this one, but a combination of the two could sure be interesting.

It was at an auction i went to in Dryden, ON last fall, and think it brought about 2g's. The local rustspray place bought it for an advertising gimmick to park on the highway frontage. Cheaper than a billboard.

If i recall, the rear half was a Farmall W6. Never did crawl under to see how he mated the two halves together. I don't think he ever actually used it to work, but drove it yearly in the antique tractor parade. Said it would do 40 mph easily, but didn't think the rearend would hold up for too long at sustained speed.

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I hope he has lock out pins some where on that loader. It wouldn't be pretty if he blew a hose.
  15. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Crazy or ingenious, It's not the first, nor the last! I think the model A or T Ford tractor kits are the coolest home made tractor kits ever. Those sold like crazy back in the depression and before.
    I kind of like it! Then again I like the 4 cylinder Ford powered log splitter that my dad's neighbor has.
  16. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I have a customer with a trailer made out of the front of model A or T, the engine in it has been converted to an air compressor, 2 cylinders run the engine, and the other 2 cylinders now pump air for the compressor, apparently works very well....

17. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have never sean anything like that before.
  18. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

A+ for the ingenuity. Chris
  19. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Hmmm, Doug: I have a red dodge, and could use a loader......... (cough cough)
  20. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

my personal opinion,
    and one hell of a brain!!