1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The 20 dollar plow project Update

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mowerpan, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

2. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

Very Interesting. I like the Rubbermaid Puter also. Heh Heh!!

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I liked reading the hate mail. hahahaha
  4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I like his shirt. "snow makes me horny"
  5. rogerfries

rogerfries Junior Member

I did one of these also, of course my budget was larger. Mine was a $50 plow from a swap meet. It looked like it meet up with a telephone pole, but a few hours with a big torch & a sledge hammer fixed it up. I had a frame from a 79. Of course different frame width, had to re-make the whole thing. I tied into my hydraulic pump for my dump bed & used some cable controls I got for free. This setup has served me very well for about 4 years now I'm upgrading a bit.

6. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

dont spend $ on a decal. download a logo from a website and blow it up on a copy machine and make your own stencil. hate to see you get over $22.68
  7. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Lol my budget is not 20 bucks, I just called it the 20 dollar plow project because I got the plow, the nonfunctional pump/ mount ect for 20 bucks. I just put the pump back together and one of these days I'm gonna get some synthetic ATF and hopefull watch it work:p The main part of the mount it almost done(the part that mounts underneath. Then I jsut hafta get some 2 inch square tubing and make the "upper" mount. But it will all be one peice. Maybe at another time I'll make it two, but for now I like the idea of one piece.
  8. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Very cool Bud , I respect what you are doing ;)

Are you going to get it sandblasted and painted?
  9. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Sandblasting depends on how much it is. I might just grind it down, wire brush, ect, and then por 15 it.
  10. RAYJAY

RAYJAY Junior Member

link does not work :realmad:
  11. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Hmm that's wierd. My host is fine, and I still have the domain till february 2006, so its not expired, wonder why it won't work well anyways use this instead