1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

the 05's are out!!!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by c.t. lawn care, Sep 12, 2004.

1. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

well the new 05's are out... no more leaf spings in the front! dont know if that was a smart move or not. they claim to have the highest front end weight rating out there. so we will see. I love the intagrated braking system they offer. and of course the power stroke diesel. They have drasticaly upped the gvw on the 250 it is now up to i think 9800# and on the singal rear wheel 350 its like 11300# around there ... they have basicaly smoked GM and Dodge with this new truck...!

anyone have one yet? what do you think of it?
  2. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

Well, I don't have it yet, but I did order a 05 F-350 DRW FX4, SC, PSD/torqueshift, and a GVW of 13,000 lbs!! :yow!: Thats 1,800 lbs more than my 99. They said that it should be here is 5-7 weeks. I drove they same truck as I ordered (only different color), and the things are nice!! They ride great, pretty good power for being stock (it was able to smoke the duals without a problem). I can't wait to get it!!!! :) :) :)
  3. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

I picked up my 05 f-250 on august 27th and have put 1300 miles on her, i love the truck
  4. sglaine

sglaine Junior Member

They have also uncreased the GVW on the new one's. We will just have to wait and see. After driving one. I think they will be alright. :drinkup:

Interior Complaints?

I don't know about you fellas, but I think Ford made a big mistake in changing their interior, well at least to what it is now. I'm not too impressed to tell you the truth, looks too spacy and import-style.
  6. dzd9fy

dzd9fy Junior Member

where did you see that the GVW on the SRW had been increased that high? are you sure you are not looking at towing????

also, independant front suspension??? hmmmm
  7. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

2005 F250

I didn't think I'd like the new interior or the coil spring front end for that matter, but now that I have it, it's really nice!

The front end is still a mono beam solid front axle, with coil springs rather than leaf springs. Not an independant front suspension like on the GM's.

The ride is nice and the turning radius has increased as well.
  8. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

My 05 just turned 1,200 miles yesterday and I love everything about it except what I feel is a lack of power, but I am also use to driving 7.3's with 450+hp. But I have a chip, intake, and exhaust sitting in the shop that will solve that little problem, now I just waiting until I have 5,000 miles on the truck before I put it on. The interior I feel is alot nicer that than the 99-04 SD, but the seats seem a bit harder that the old style trucks. As for the front coil springs, that doesn't bother me one bit. Dodge has been running basically the same setup (coils with solid axle) for 11 years and they have held up just fine.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  9. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

About 2 months ago we recieved the 2005 F-550 that we ordered. Its nice !! U would be amazed at the turning radius with the coil springs instead of the leafs. Basically the same as the 2004 we have ... just a few changes