1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

That's just how it is

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Omaha Plowboy, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Omaha Plowboy

Omaha Plowboy Member

When we do have a breakdown, it always happens in the middle of night. Stuck till part store opens, or figure a way too get back up and running even if it's only a temp fix. Whatever it it takes too get the job done.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

What happened now? There must be a story behind this!!

3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Last year I blew an angling hose at about 3-4 am thanx to a screwed up catch basin. Got back to my buddies shop thinking he might have one...... nope. So I started thumbing through the yellow pages and found a parts store that carries Western parts and advertised OPEN 24/7. I make the call and after several rings, some girl answers dead asleep. She hands the phone over to the guy I now think of as an idiot. He is half asleep and says, "Yeah, I do have the hose", and then says, "Can this wait until the morning?" ARE YOU JOKING !!:realmad:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2007
  4. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

We've got a Western dealer in town that will come out and fix the plow any time of the day or night. Carries most common parts and lots of used stuff. Service calls are big bucks in the middle of the night, but who else is gonna do it? Great service, and a nice guy.
    Maybe you need to stock up on some parts and be that guy in your town. Maybe a nice little niche for you? Just a suggestion. I'm sure youd have a good share of jerks to deal with when they break down at 3am, but if they're willing to pay, why not?

5. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Damn that isnt a bad idea at all.