1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thats alot of driving...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 20Silverado05, Feb 12, 2008.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

2. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Holy road miles Batman............................... That is a lot of mailes.

3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I read the article about a week ago that the truck was close to the 1 million mark.

The engine was a 350ci, no suprise there. The 350 is a hard engine to kill and maybe the best engine to date.

4. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

Yup......cant beat an old school 350 push rod.......im an engine buff, ..but would i like to have the change to look at that engine internally to see what actually wears...

5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with the second part, I think it is without a doubt the best engine to date, at least when it comes to reliability, cost, parts availability, simplicity of design and aftermarket support. Not to mention that about a gazillion were produced.

I disagree with the first part though. I've killed many of them, wasn't hard at all.

Rpm extremes, unusual loads on the drivetrain beyond what the factory had anticipated, , heavy plowing, towing, racing, brakestands, off road conditions involving water, dirt and rocks going in places they don't belong (think sand in your underwear), over-revving in dramatic and desperate attempts to get unstuck. Sudden altitudinal changes followed by rapid gravitational compression stops. All these things accompanied by insufficient oil pressure at critical moments.

But nothing particular to the 350 in that sense, I've done it to some 305s, and a 396 as well.