1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

That was the heaviest 3 inches I've pushed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

WOW! barley 3"'s of snow but it seemed like we were pushing 2ft. What a mess but at least I dropped the blade.:)
  2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

We got about 4" of pretty heavy snow here in Northern, NJ, my new ATV went through it like it was nothing!:nod:
  3. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

Atleast You Got To Push!!!!
  4. addicted

addicted Senior Member

where in north jersey are you? We barely got an inch!
  5. djlouieboom

djlouieboom Junior Member

yea i only got a dusting by me too nothin left now pretty much melted away
  6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

In Souther NH we got only 1 1/2 to 2 inches but it was like ripping up ice. I love that X-Blade. My comp was out in the next driveway to mer after i drove by to check his work. It wasn't down so you could see any black.. WOW know I know the X-Blade was worth the money
  7. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

nothing here on the north shore ma....but -15 degree's and about 40 knts of wind coming in from the nw , fun
  8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

In the Allendale area, almost on the NY state border.
  9. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

got about 6 or 7 inches in nw CT with some HUGE drifts.payup
  10. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

got less than an inch here to bad i was hoping for a plowable event. Still got out and did my drive way just to say i plowed.
  11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Got about an 1 and 1/2 here. The roads are a block of ice everywhere. Only the main roads are down to pavement. The wind was terrible. I was at my neighbors farm out in his fields with his handheld weather station and there were gusts coming across the field of 65 MPH. Almost knocked me down!
  12. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

4 or 5inches here, drifts atleast a foot high. It was tough getting traction going up hill with a blade full though, the rain/sleet froze real nice to the tar...I love having my Xblade tho, took all of my drives right down to the tar, I can't wait to replace my 1/2 with a bigger truck so I can have matching Xblades...:yow!:
  13. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

going into third week into january, havn't dropped blade yet this month. have done some salting, but no plowing.
  14. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Same here in SE Alaska got 1" today just a tease. Total sofar this winter has been about 4 inches. Oh well it is just going to weed out thoese that need it.
  15. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Havent plowed or salted here in Illinois in 2006......I'm jealous of you New Englanders!:realmad:
  16. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I threw salt in my driveway and walks that was the extent of my weekend snow and ice abatement.We got an inch on the grass and ice on the surfaces!
  17. fencepost1

fencepost1 Junior Member

We got 4-5 inchespayup in the Lakes Region, Went out this morning to check things and salt the parking lots, and find some snow drifts up over the plow
  18. We got 10 inches of snow in northwest Massachusetts on Sunday. Started by salting around 10 pm on Saturday and started plowing at about 1 am Sunday morning and worked until 3 Sunday afternoon. Went in again this morning at 2 am to scrape the roads off and push back the drifts and resalt the roads, left at about 9 am and went back into work this afternoon at 3 pm to dig out an ice jam in a river that was flooding into a basement. Tomorrow will probably be spent scraping the roads off again of slush and possibly picking up snow in the downtown area, and then opening catch basins as it is suppose to rain on Wednesday 1/18
  19. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Very rough storm!
    Got caught completely off guard. PM Saturday news, weather, other friends in the plowing business, we were all wrong. Thought we would be lucky to just salt since it was 60 deg. 12 hours earlier.
    2 am snowing hard and blowing harder, thank god it was Sunday. We plowed for 12 hours. Had 3-6 inches of snow over 1 inch of ice everywhere. One sidewalk crew was a no-show, the other sidewalk crews worked 10+ hours. Then had to come back again Monday.
    Lost one truck early, brake line, another half way thru, clutch slave cylinder.
    ..........and I quit smoking on Christmas.
    Anyway I am glad it snowed, I just cant understand how not one weather service got this right, not even close.
  20. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Yikes! Slave cylinder breaking sucks!! Mine broke three towns away one time, and the only way to get back was on state roads and through traffic lights!! A day I can't seem to forget but want to.