1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

that didn't take long... (warranty)

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jomofo, Aug 11, 2008.

1. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I noticed an odd sort of whirring sound coming from behind the console right from the first drive in the 2500 I picked up from the dealer about a week ago... I spoke to service about it and we agreed I should put a couple of hundred miles on it and see what happened... Still had the same sound about 500 miles later and at 800 it was just starting to get a little worse. So I took it in the dealer and they're going to swap out the front transfer case. Parts should be in next week and they say they'll have it swapped in less than a day. Truck is driving okay in the meantime besides the whirring noise - hope it doesn't decide to lock up on me while I'm waiting on the parts..

Any of you guys familiar with this sort of issue? I guess I just ended up with a friday afternoon TC... Glad I'm in a new truck... would be *PISSED* to get this news and have to pay for it too... You guys want to start a pool on the next major component to fail? lol...

:drinkup:

2. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

My 2500 probably had atleast $10,000 worth of warranty work done to it by now. I practically have a whole new front end on it, among other things. Good luck!

3. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

Nice... any of those failures stop you dead during a storm?

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have yet to have one problem with my 06 CTD. I run an edge, afe and exhaust, pulls a trailer every day and gets piss pounded.
    Good luck but my guess is its just a silly little issue, no worries. You will have little things go wrong with any brand truck.
    My brother only plows with chev duracraps, those things are down all the time, leaving him dead on the side of the road. His 07' broke down like 8 times in the first 9,000 miles. His 06 is in the shop now for another list of problems. I also remember a guy on here last year that bought a new ford and it needed a new engine right off the show floor.

5. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

Yeah.. I'm not overly worried about it - particularly considering that the dealer just called and the new TC will be in this afternoon and they can take me tomorrow AM for the swap. When I bought my new Jeep is was the same thing - no new TC or anything, but certain things needed adjustment or replacement. Since it hit about 5K miles, it's settled down and drives nice without too much forethought.