1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thanksgiving should be fun!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Brian Young, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Not the way I wanted to start off the season. For now, Accuweather says everyone from the Lake Superior to Western NY are going to get hammered Thursday night into Saturday. Measuring some places "in feet" of snow. Luckily we're 98% ready to go.

2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Whats left to prep? Do you carry replacement hydraulic lines & tool kits in ur trucks too? In case one blows on the plow.

3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Ya I'm about 80% ready, just gotta put a few more stakes in and get some work on the truck done.

4. Brian Young

I have an inverted V to put in my V box and make some wire extensions for it. Then, finish staking about 20 more residentials, change the oil and detail one of my nasty trucks, and I'm thinking I'm going to have to fight with the dealer I bought my loader from....it sprung a trans leak and I dont think they did a complete service, All the grease fittings look like they haven't been touched in months. As far as extra stuff. I carry an extra set of hoses for the plows, extra serpentine belts for the two trucks, extra plow fluid and hydraulic fluid for the machines and a basic tool kit. I might look into a service body truck next year.

5. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, Merrimac has a service body truck with a plow on'er.

All I gotta do is get all trucks undrecoated. I've got a project where were converting a Protech rubber edge pusher into a steel trip edge design. Should be interesting!

6. Brian Young

I was going to buy one 2 years ago and give it to my sidewalk crew. They would be able to carry everything from spare parts, dry salt, to back pack blowers etc. They wanted too much for it. It was a 2001 with 118k and a 8 ft Meyers poly on it for around 17 or 18k (this was 2 years ago).

7. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Yeah i'm hoping for something to, i'll taking anything to start the seson. From what i'm hearing the period starting from thanksgiving to christmas should be the very good for us here in the east.

8. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Utility bodies are great, lots of weight and you can bring a ton of tools and spare parts for truck and plow and other equipment.

9. Brian Young

Now they're saying nothing but rain and maybe some wet flakes around here, we'll see.

10. Brian Young

Exactly. We've been lucky so far. In all the years of plowing I've only had one major issue with my original plow (the blade snapped off the A frame on a old Meyers poly plow). Other than that its been a lot of PM and haven't really needed anything.