1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Steve Smith, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Junior Member

Just wanted to drop a quick thank you to everybody on this forum. It is amazing to me the number of people who e-mail me saying that they found out about our magazine, Snow Business, from the folks on this board.

We are always thrilled to add new readers, so thanks for sending them our way. And, as always, if you have any cool snow and/or plow photos, story ideas, complaints, compliments....whatever, send me an e-mail at ssmith@gie.net.

Managing Editor, Snow Business magazine.
  2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I think we all should be saying "Thanks" to you too Steve. You (and GIE Media) provide us with a magazine of our very own. We don't have to flip through 75 pages of "green" articles to find something about our business. Most trade mags do a single snow issue, but 90% of the snow section is ads. I know, ads pay the bills, but I think giving something valuable to the reader is just as important.

Just look at the over 5,300 members here.... I know Snow Business can only grow, and who knows, some day each issue might be thicker than all the green mags.

So here's to you Steve, and GIE Media :salute: :drinkup:

You certainly have our support here!

3. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

At the risk of sounding not so smart ( yeah it happens alot:confused: ) ,i never knew there was such a magazine for us plowers. How do i sign up???? Any info will be appreciated.
  4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Send an E-mail to Steve at the address he put in his post. I'm sure he can direct you to where & how to get the great magazine. Ditto Chuck's comments!!! Thanks GIE & Steve.
  5. shamrock1

shamrock1 Member

I second Chuck's statement, yesterday I was reading the most recent issue ( Akehurst Cover) and a fellow officer commented on how interesting it was that our company and countless others have taken the stereotypical "snowplowers" of years past to an advanced level of professionalism as we know this today.

The magazine lended some serious creedence to that professional look as he was unaware that this is such a large industry, and that there were actual trade publications out there to turn to and educate others that were not aware of the multiple facets of this business.

SIMA / Plowsite.com/ Snow Business are indeed the way to educate and inform the masses that there are dedicated professionals that get the job done and done correctly when everyone else would rather be inside away from the winter elements.

Steve, Keep the issues rolling, It's a teriffic periodical.

May you and GIE experience continued success......:nod:
  6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Thanks Steve but I have one Problem. I got one issue and thats it are there anymore. Did i miss something. I want more issues and id like to do a spread of pics of CT DOT trucks and maybe some local DPW pics too if I may.