1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks Whelen and Strobesnmore

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 1olddogtwo, Mar 3, 2014.

1. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

a few weeks ago I started having problems with two Whelens LINZ6 LED lights. The yellow had lost its sync with the other Yellow on the side of my back rack. It just stayed soild for the most part while the other one worked as it should.

The 2nd was a red that is wired to burn soild for brake and turn. It blink once so fast you wouldnt see it. That had been that way for a month or so.

Two weeks, I called Strobesnmore and ask them about warrenty info. The girl remind me Whelen had a 5 year, I thought it was 3 years. Anyways, before I got off the phone, she e-mailed me a copy of my paid invoice and the repair phone number.

Last weeked, I pulled the two lights off and noticed the 2nd red light was not right either. Pulled all three off.

Monday I called Whelen, another girl said label them with problems and attach return info. Off the phone in less then a minute, thinking that was to easy.

Tuesday, I dropped them in a fedex box, my buss card and a copy of paid invoice. I bought them in Dec of 2011. I twoday shipped them to CT so they would have gotten them on Thursday.

Thinking I would call them Monday to see whats up, well I got a UPS email Sunday saying they would be delivered back today. I was like really? That was super quick. Got home, opened the box thinking I would fine a srcew you card a broken lights. (bad luck lately)...... well three brand new lights

led 1.jpg

led 2.jpg

led 3.jpg

led 4.jpg

Just ordered another 500.00 worth of more Whelen stuff I wanted from strobesnmore.....the discount code "Plowsite2013" is still good for free shipping too!

led 1.jpg

led 2.jpg

led 3.jpg

led 4.jpg

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Whelen has always been good with replacing bad lights. I am also happy to see that they are putting the gore tex patches on the LINZ6 lights. I know many people having problems with the old ones getting water into them and causing problems.

3. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

How you you like the linz6 ?? super super bright right? video of the$500 worth of products???

4. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

I do like the LINZ6 they are good for small spaces and are very bright and have good spread of light. With that in mind Where are you going to be putting them?

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Good to hear about the quick whelen turn around time! Ive got a light section not working in one of my L32 beacons and will be sending it in tomorrow...would be awesome to have it back in less than a week!

6. fireside

fireside Senior Member

whelen is outstanding about standing behind their products. I had 2 lights go bad, i drive to chester walked in 5 minutes later I walked out with 2 brand new lights.