1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks tristate public safety

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by lawnboy2121, Dec 2, 2015.

1. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

I ordered a hella light bar on Sunday and just received it today thanks for the quick shipping

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yep had mine from Eric in 2 days. What bar did you get?

3. lawnboy2121

The hella mlb200 that little thing is bright . I had it on next to my code 3 strobe bar and it was no comparison

4. Brian Young

I got the same with dual color and your right is super bright! In all honesty I think our Whelen Responder lp's project light further but the Hella was a more in your face brighter I guess, we did a little test and both lights were about 75 yards from a white speed limit sign and while both reflected off of it the Whelen had more light reflecting off the sign. I love this Hella light though, with the white and amber color switching and the pattern I have it on is going to put someone into seizures lol.

5. lawnboy2121

It's going to suck for the guys plowing along with the truck or following it

6. Brian Young

Yeah right lol. I think the big difference is the Whelen has a conical reflector and these Hella's are linear. They're both super bright. I had Eric throw in a pair of Whelen rubber coated suction cup/magnet mounts, I'm sure the 4 original ones would have been fine but didn't want to chance it on the hi-way.

7. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I had a lightbar come off on the highway. I had wooden sides on the back and they caught it and it was swinging away in the back window the rest of the way home because I was too p*ssed to pull over (figured it was smashed inside when i heard it hit the back window) scared the crap outta me!

8. Tri-State PSE

Tri-State PSE Inactive

Thanks man, we're glad you like it!