1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thanks to plowsite

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by murphy4trees, Jan 26, 2005.

1. murphy4trees

murphy4trees Member

Plowsite really came through for which I AM thankful...
    I was in Florida last week... first snow of the season here in Philadelphia. 1.5" on Wednesday... Two subs were no shows.. and the trans blew on the main plow truck, with up to 10-17" in the upcoming weekend forecast...

I flew up on Thursday night and got to work... Put a post on plowsite that I was looking for a mounting carton for an 87 Ram Charger... got a call from a plowsite member that delivered the part to my door on Friday... Took it to the plow shop at 9 PM friday night and picked it up Saturday at 6:30 PM... there was already 9" down... I gassed up and plowed with that truck for the next 26 hours straight.... All tight driveways and small parking lots... top dollar work... maybe $3-400/hour.

I could have picked up the mounting carton in Deleware, but plowsite saved me the time and trouble.... very cool to have this site as a resource... Thanks all,
    Daniel

2. Derrick in NJ

Derrick in NJ Member

Daniel, Glad I could help out. I think that was your father there when I dropped it off for you? He's a real nice guy regardless! I hope the mounting carton was all I said it was for you, and I'm glad you got to use it for this storm. If your'e interested in the ramcharger that it was on, drop me a line, I still have it. Let is snow, and lets all make some payup !

Derrick

3. murphy4trees

murphy4trees Member

Derrick and all,
    Here's a pic of the rig...
    bought the blade, pump and frame and lights for $1,100
    Derrick brought over the mounting carton for $250
    Paid dealer prices for the wiring and switches, I went with the two switches, cause that's what the dealer had in stock and I like to angle and float at the same time...
    Paid around $250 for installation... Something under $2k in total...

ram plow 1 resize.jpg

4. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

My hats off to the members here and these great posts, its so nice to know in this cut-throat business theres a group of us here that really give a damn. My congrats to you both and to Derrick, delivery even?? What a guy!!

5. Derrick in NJ

Derrick in NJ Member

I just believe in the old theroy of "what goes around comes around". I'm just glad to help, the cash put some gas into my Tahoe plow truck and food & coffee into the drivers tummy :) . Hopefully, if I'm ever in a bind, the favor will be returned by one of our great members! :salute: Truck looks great by the way Daniel, now let's all get ready for that snow filled Feburary the forecasters are telling us all about!! payup

6. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Great job Derrick, that was mighty nice of you.

"now let's all get ready for that snow filled Feburary the forecasters are telling us all about!!" Amen to this. LOL