1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks plowsite!....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mr.plow, Oct 7, 2005.

1. mr.plow

mr.plow Member
    from Toronto

I posted before about the polar edges for the 8611 costing me $3000 CND. Some of you replied that, that was way too much. When today I went to purchase the 8611 And told the sales rep that the polar edge was way over priced he Dun't believe me. Then I told him about PLOWSITE.COM and we looked at the site and I showed him my thread. He read it along with the comments posted. Then went away came back to me and told me that my cost installed would be $808 CND for the set :eek: I really wanted to get the edges but because of his first price was going to leave them out. But because of this great forum I got the edges for a reasonable price.
    Thanks again.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

$3000 down to $808? I'm surprised he could even look you in the face. He should have GIVE them to you in exchange for your keeping quiet about it.

And, yes, you can show him my comment. I'd look him in the eye and tell him the same thing.
  3. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

I dont think I would have bought anything from that guy!!!! After you pulled his hand from deep in your pocket.

my 2cents
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Great to hear that he gave you a reasonable price on them.

Is he a lawyer by any chance?
  5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats great, hope everything works out for you.
  6. mr.plow

mr.plow Member
    from Toronto

thanks all. :)