1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks Plowsite and members

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pickering snow removal, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Wanted to take this time before everyone gets back to there spring summer jobs to thank everyone here for a great time. I have enjoyed this site so much talking to all the members learning so many things. I know i find myself spending less time on the ole pc and iam sure it wont be long before most of you will convert over to lawnsite. My brother has began the spring maint work and repairs on the turf equipment , i just finished overhauling the engine on the hydroseeder and have some work to do on a couple of pumps.
    I have made a huge decision to leave the dealership this spring after 18yrs iam going to expand my auto repair buss and of course not be so stressed out next winter trying to do three things. So just in case i wanted to say my thank yous and tell the founders of this site and the members how much you all mean to me i wish we all could meet somewere next month or sometime put faces with names and maybe toss a couple of toddys ok well for me a coke but just the same get to meet all of you in person, maybe someone can put that together what do ya think?
    Ill peak in on lawnsite know and then hopefully get my brother addicted so until we all get back here in the fall take care fellows and ladys may god bless all of you
    Fred Pickering

2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Thanks Fred. Good Luck and have a great spring/summer season.

Jay

3. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

I would have to agree with you about this place, AWESOME! Take care and good luck.....

I have a feeling quite a few will be heading out soon..... I even find myself off the site more,,, I am sure I will be in and out from time to time.....

Later..

4. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

This was my 1st season on the site , man what a source of info ... you guys are awesome. They are calling for 60 deg temps this weekend , and man is that going to feel good . Still there is a part of me that will miss this site and its daily antics , as im sure it will slow down over the spring/summer. Im sure i will be checking in a few times a day "just in case" ...i hope you all have a wonderfull and safe spring and summer. Thanks again for all your help.
    Scott

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Good Luck Fred.

I was in a very similar situation many years ago,when I was also working at a local dealership,running a part-time auto repair biz on the side,and the snowplowing in the winter.It's a tough act to juggle.You will be glad you dropped the dealership stuff,and can now concentrate on your own biz.If I can ever be of any assistance with the full time auto biz,just drop me a line.Best of luck.

I'm sure a lot of guys will be dropping out of sight around here for a while as the season comes to a close.

If you guys are going to get together,let me know,I'll make the trip if I can,it's not to far for me.

6. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

This was my first season using the site as well. It has been a great help and solved a number of problems for me , and I hope that I was of help to people as well. Even though we had lots of snow last Sunday, we are back to normal temperatures here (64 degrees) The snow is all gone, and we are getting into full swing for the landscaping season. To all members have a safe summer and see ya in October again ( or on lawn site) :drinkup: :drinkup:
    Oh yeah, you east coasters have fun spending all that $$$$$ you made this winter. If you run stuck on ideas on where to spend it, I could always help you :D

7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Good Luck, Fred. Stop by when you get a chance. This site slows down about this time of year. There are a few who'll still be here throughout the summer. I've logged on at least once a day all year round for the last couple years. Except when I went to the SIMA meeting in St Louis last year and to John Parker's Magic Meeting in Poughkeepsie the last two years. When you come back next Fall, I'll be getting ready to retire and plow full time.

:waving: :drinkup: :waving: :drinkup: (Coke)

8. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

This was also my first season on the Plowsite and I am very grateful to have been educated by you guys. I wish I had found the site last season when I was brand new to plowing with so many questions. I hope as the years go by I can share my knowledge, experience, and lessons learned, to a new generation of plowers the way you helped me.

I joined Lawnsite a few days ago and have been trying to absorb as much info as I can. This will be my fourth year landscaping and I am sure that Lawnsite will have the same positive impact on my buisness as Plowsite did.

I will still pop in periodically to say hi to those who are still on the site in the summer and to those who take a plowsite vacation I will talk to you in the fall.

Thank You,
    Ed

9. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Can I come out now ?? Is it over ??? Ahhhh sunshine and warmth surrounds me like a warm spring day Well I guess its time to shove the big O'l Boss plow & snow blower to the back of the garage and focus on spring things ..From all of us at www.indysnowplowers.com to all of you out there in snowplow land, raise a glass and toast :drinkup: Good job to all of you and enjoy the summer like it was your last. Party on Garth :p ,,, Party on Wayne < famous quote from Waynes world :rolleyes: See Ya'all on lawnsite :waving:

Kip

Rats, what is this...2 many smilie faces ???? Im just trying to express myself guys....please :)

10. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for all your infomation
    took the plow off
    drained the gas out of the blowers
    painting the plows next week

now its time to think about boating
    cold beer and half naked women

see ya in the fall

cardoctor:drinkup: :mad:

11. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

Later

I'll drink to that cardoctor:drinkup: , My dad has a 28' Grady White and I can't wait to get back to those cool summer nights after a long day of Landscaping! I know that sounds crazy but I love what I do. Don't we all? This was my first year on plowsite also and I am glad I came along and joined. It has always been a very usefull source for questions and just hanging out when I am bored. This too like Nozzleman is my fourth year in the biz, I joined lawnsite in the fall and that is how I found plowsite. I will be heading over there to check out some things but usually don't spend much time on the PC as I am busy with work and enjoying the weather during the summer. I will pop in here every now and then to check out the latest news. I still have a couple of weeks before spring cleanup, all my equipment is maintenanced and ready to go. Well thanks and the best of luck this summer, I will see you all again in the fall!

Luke

Last edited: Mar 14, 2003
  12. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

OOPS

I created a new thread instaed of posting a reply on the other one, maybe someone can delete this if they can

13. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, wait a minute. It is still March. I would not tuck away the equipment until at least the end of April. We even get some snow in May, but rarely. But I don't blame ya. We are having a very good winter and I know that some of you are motivated to kick into spring.

When spring comes, this site will slow down and a few of us hard core Plowsite members will still be checking occusionally through the summer. Then before we know it, it will be fall and the site will get busy again. You and everyone else have a good and safe year! :waving: :drinkup:

14. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

LOL, I don't blame ya, oakhill2000. Everybody make a mistake once in a while. I would not worry about that. I am sure Chuck will fix it by "merging" this thread into the original thread. :)

On edit: I just saw that you "copy and paste" your post into the original thread. So I will just do the same then one of you moderator can delete this thread.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2003
  15. myo

myo Senior Member

Good luck Fred, with the auto bus.

16. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

thanks for taking care of that mistake who ever did. I hit the "post new thread" instead of "post reply". I tried to delete the thread but it said I had no authority to. Maybe some day I will. Thanks again

17. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

:salute: :waving:

18. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I'll be here throughout the summer. (Why not? Those chilly arctic air masses help keep the AC bills low...) And I agree with wxmn6--just because it's going to be 60 over this weekend doesn't mean it's over *yet*....

To those who'll be spending time elsewhere, have fun and we'll see you in the fall... :drinkup:

19. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I tend to still be on Plowsite more then Lawnsite even over the summer. I will check certain forums over there but I find that the lawn forum gets over 100 posts a day. Far more then I have time to read in the summer. Plowsite stays focused on trucks and welding in the summer as well as new equipment.

Stop in once a week and check things out.

20. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Fred, That's the beauty of the information age. Did the leave the full time job thing a couple of years ago. 16 yrs at a major Mfg. Facility to do what I really enjoyed. ( SNOW THAT IS --- WHITE GOLD ) I don't push it as much anymore but I love to find new ways to do it so it's easier on the guys who do.

I fixed and sold plows and parts as a part time thing for years and about 6 yrs ago it took on a life of it's own. Good products and strive for good service and it keeps growing.

There is an easy way to sit down and visit and put names and faces together. Take a little break in June and go to the SIMA symposium in Buffalo, NY June 12,13,14.

Lots of good people, Product displays and vendors there, Seminars and alot of communications. Find me there and I'll buy you a round of Coke ( a little rum or J.D. if you want too ).

Keep expanding that fleet and good luck on the Biz adventure.

Jerre Heyer

p.s. As Gordyo know's I'm an easy 1mi. off I-90 in Erie, PA stop in and visit if your down this way.