1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thank's For Any suggestions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by monacom9, Jan 28, 2011.

1. monacom9

monacom9 Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Need Some Help With A 600 Car Office Space Parking Lot
    It Is About 8 1/2 Acres One Dock With A 3 Block Street And A Block Long Side Walk
    I Have A Chevy 2500 With A 8' Sno Way Blade And Was Thinking On Getting A F450 With A Western Wide-out And A V Spreader And A Bobcat S220 To Help Out And How Much Salt Would It Take Per Acre? Or Tell Me What I Should Get
    It Is In Chicago Il
    Thank's For Any suggestions

2. Brian in MO

Brian in MO Junior Member
    from NE MO

IMHO it would depend on the shape of the lot. If it is a square that could be a long push with a pickup. If it is a rectangle and can be pushed to the sides (windrowed) maybe it would work. A 3-4" snow would be one thing what about a 12-15"? Is the equipment you mentioned dedicated to just this site? I would think in a big storm it would be tough keeping up without having a loader or something to help make big pushes. Just my thoughts.:)

3. monacom9

monacom9 Member

It is rectangle and the equipment will be dedicated to that site

4. JohnRoscoe

JohnRoscoe Senior Member

Skip the bobcat and get a 4x4 backhoe w/ a pusher on the front.

5. monacom9

monacom9 Member

ok here is the pic

11.jpg

6. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

get a loader and a pos sand truck

7. monacom9

monacom9 Member

what model would you suggest?

8. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member