1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks a lot buyers (NOT)

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by getsum, Jan 28, 2014.

1. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

I am amazed at how I call tech support once to find out why my marker strobe kit is literally hissing and smoking when I apply power to THERE unit. Marker lights work as supposed to. I wired it exactly to the directions. The guy had NO clue , NO insight and was ZERO help. Told me he was going to transfer me to another guy. Got his voicemail, left voicemail and after an hour I called back got to voicemail again.
    Meanwhile it's getting dark and my truck is apart.
    Called for a THIRD time and got the same guy as the first time !
    Said it's my switch from ford and contact them because I am not using there switch..

WELL it says CLEARLY In your directions to go to the OEM FORD up fitter switches..

I told him I have a spreader on up fitter #2 and two ghost strobe lights on # 3 and BOTH work no problem.
    He says yeah I dunno I guess I can email your number to a guy who works down the road who installs them...
    Yeah so now I don't know when I'll hear from anyone and my truck is torn apart while I sit here and CONTINUE to re read and re check everything for the 100th time to still come to the conclusion it's wired as they say..

SO MUCH FOR TECH SUPPORT!

Going to rip these pieces of crap out, box them up and ship it back
    Figure out a BETTER company to go through.
    Any suggestions???

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

whelen, federal signal, code 3, sound off, Star svp

3. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Thank you.
    Thinking whelen because of it's well known name.
    Definitely doing more research this time

4. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

Strobes n more has great products im waiting on their pro strobe kit to come in ordered it the other day

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

6. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Buyers. Nuff said.

7. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Three letters.............................LED! They are bright, draw less power and require less wiring. Four led's from Strobes N more will cost you only slightly more than a standard strobe kit. And, if it still works, you can get free shipping as a plowsite member.

8. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Ive had great luck with strobes n more. Great site.

9. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

bought a single round off a utility truck works great...$5 at flea market....looks an't what makes it work

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Kinda the WallyWorld of truck equipment.

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd say more like the dollar store!

12. Dash Flash

Dash Flash Member
    from Arizona

Try the Dash Flash® Corner Flash™ Hideaway Strobe Kit. It's a strobe kit because strobes are still brighter than LEDs for hideaway strobes.

Compare the Corner Flash™ directly to the Wolo® Model 8004-PS and others, but with a factory-direct price of $109.99.

http://www.dash-flash.com/Hideaway.html

The Corner Flash™ kit is in use in emergency vehicles and snow plow trucks all over North America.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2014