1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thank you Western (D&D)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Hysert, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Thought I would thank the folks at D&D for there customer satisfaction!!! I own 2 Tornado Gen 2s and they are both 3 yrs old and out of warranty. As most know the spinner motors shear off right where the 1/4 inch shaft meets the 1/2 inch shaft of the armature, this being because there is no rad (radius) machined into the shaft were the two diameters meet therefore creating a weak spot or shear point... So one of my spinners broke there about a month back now and I bought a new motor from my supplier and cost me $430 CND... After replacing and inspecting my other tornado I noticed the belt starting to fray on one side only with closer inspection the shaft was starting to bend and was a matter of time before it sheared too.... I sent an e-mail out to John Murphy and explained the situation and ofcoures my dedication to buying western products over the years... Without question John Sent me over to Hugh Wilson tech dept at D&D and they covered the cost of the first one and sent me out a new one for the other Tornado... Being a die hard western fan for many years I have a new appreciation for D&D and will back there products and lolialty for years to come.... I'm sure many of you folks have encountered pleasant and unpleasant situations with your equipment but I cant say enough good about D&D... All equipment breaks down weather its western, boss, ford, chevy we run are stuff hard and S&*T happens.... But to have D&D step up to the plate like this was amazing... Hey after all were talking about nearly $1000 bucks... Thanks for reading And THANK YOU D&D, John Murphy and Hugh Wilson... My next plow will defiantly be another western!!! tymusicussmileyflag

2. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

that is awesome to hear glad you have a dealer to totally back you up! Wish Snow Ex was that good with customer service!

3. Hysert

Just to add John or Hugh If your reading... when I get another plow maybe next yr?? can you guys at D&D design a MVP with wideout power wings too???? hint hint LOL... thanks again...

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Hugh and john rock!!

5. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I guess I should have contacted them when all 3 of my pro plus plows have needed new motors at 2.25 - 3 years old. It is nice to hear when companies stand behind what they make. No product is perfect but their customer service can be.

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I've resently had a similar experience with a 1st Gen Tornado, John was on vacation and took the time to contact Hugh to get in touch with me.........fantastic service.
    Mike King at Drive products was excellent to deal with as well.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  7. Hysert

Ya I didnt deal with drive but the credit to my sub supplier Billy at hamilton hydrulics was great!!! Billy and I go back a few yrs too