1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thank You to Jerre Heyer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WHITE=GREEN, Dec 20, 2002.

1. WHITE=GREEN

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

for those of you that have been spending much time here on plowsite are well aware of who Jerre Heyer is, for those of you that dont or havent been, he is a Blizzard dealer (and other brands) in Erie, PA. let me take a minute to tell a little story. after reading the post on here about "Blizzard owners hows it hanging" i replied with my first experience using my Blizzard 810 and it was great until i started having motor problems, or so i thought. Jerre out of the blue sent me a private message that he wanted me to call him asap at his shop. keep in mind i live in York, PA, about 6 hours away and did not buy the plow from him. I called him the first chance i got and he spent about 20 minutes on the phone of his time explaining to me, a guy he never met and never made a dime off of, a few things/ideas to try to fix my plow. i never got a chance to work on my plow that day due to a salt delivery and a few other things i had going on. about 6 pm my cell phone rings and its Jerre, "how did you make out fixing your plow?" he called me, on his dime, to see how i, a guy he never met or sold anything to, made out fixing his plow. i explained that i hadnt got a chance to work on it but hoped to in the next few days. he then gave me a few more ides to work with. he even offered that i could drive up to his shop and he would help me find the problem. to make a long story short he told me to check to make sure that the electrical system on the truck was doing its job before checking the plow for a problem. in doing so i removed my alternator and had i checked, it was OK. i then had my heavy duty/7 year warranty battery that was only 11 months checked and it was bad. i got the battery replaced at no charge under warranty, went home hooked up the plow and all seems to be fine now. i called Jerre to give him my good news and he even gave me some more training on how to check and adjust pressures etc... this is the kind of dealer support that we can only dream of for our area, and you guys HAVE in Erie. once again i would like to say a big THANK YOU to Jerre Heyer.

P.S. Jerre, when did you say you were going to open that Blizzard dealership in York? :D

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I share the same opinion of Jerre, he helped me with parts in the construction of my leaf box. I bought my plow in Upstate NY, yet Jerre treated me as if I were a long time customer with my first call. I know where I'll be getting my parts from.

I, too, am hoping for a satellite shop in my neighborhood....:rolleyes:

3. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

From all his helpful posts here, he seems to be a real straight up guy.
    Way to go Jerre:waving:
    Mark K

4. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I have to jump on the Jerre bandwagon since he helped me with my Vplow and he doesn't even sell Fishers (but as he said, he does service them) and with his help I was able to eliminate the basic problems first. Thanks Jerre. :waving:

5. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I wich there were more installers like Jerre around.

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

We could use a Jerre up here too.....thats why we do all our own stuff,no one reliable around here.

Maybe that human cloning thing could turn out to be a good idea after all.................:D

7. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Jerre's a good dude, and is everything everyone here is making him out to be....

8. KenP

KenP Senior Member

Sounds like Wayne at Perkeoimen Performance in Perkeoimenville, Pa. Great guy, knowledgable and if it's snowing he's open. You may have to do some of the wrenching yourself, but it won't be without expert knowledge within an ear shot.
    Cudos to Wayne

9. Snow7669

Snow7669 Junior Member

JERRE

I too would like to sing jerre's praises! Looking into the poly U edges for the blizzards Jerre was extremely informative and helpful.
    I know I would travel to Erie w/ my 3 810 blades to have "THE MAN" install U edges on all three of them if he was willing to do it!

Just to meet him and thank him personally as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Jerre! and if you want the job just e me and say so we'll try to work out a time.

Bill Harrison
    Wm T Harrison Enterprises
    Washington Grove, Maryland
    301-721-9700 off
    301-721-9701 fax

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I recieved the first issue of Blizzard's Talk About Snow today. There was an interesting article in it about a Shawn Thompson. Both Mr. Thompson and the Blizzard Corp also gave Jerre praise. I quote from the newsletter:
    I just wanted to throw that in here, as I think it further demonstrates Jerre's great customer relations! You dont have a brother that would want to open up a shop in IL, would you? lol :drinkup:

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Snowy?

How did you receive the Blizzard publication?

And thanks also to Jerre for his personal service on this forum.

12. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I would also like to thanks Jerre for the Blizzard Blades that I ordered last Monday. I received it on my doorstep yesterday. I was surpised because it was a holiday week with a big snowstorm that we had. I have not got a chance to take a real close look at the wipers yet but I am impressed with his prompt shipment. I am looking forward to install it hopefully sometime soon. I will let you guys know how it went when I get a chance to install it. Thank you Jerre.

13. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Fastjohnny-
    I have no idea how i recived it, i requested info on the blades about a year ago, recieved it and a list of not-so-close dealers, i guess i just stayed on their list :confused: Oh well it was a really interesting read. in a few years they are gong to be a product that i will definatley have on my list as a replacement. But for now, im happy with my Western:drinkup:

14. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

From the info I got they were going to include the publication with literature requests as well as having them avail at the dealerships for customers. If you have requested info in the past you should recieve the first publication and a current list of dealers.....close as they can be to you.

Sorry havent decided to franchise yet.... LOL but there are a lot of places for dealerships still available out there.