1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thank you for bad idea decision

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by chriscat423, Jan 12, 2010.

1. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

To everyone that told me a 2005 f250 2wd isnt worth the 9 grand to buy for plowing. I found a 2000 ram 2500 today with a 8" fisher minute mount 2 plow with only 1 season of use on it. Has a little bit hight mileage 120k but my mechanic said no leaks tranny shifts great looks good for 5500. The exact price i was looking to find a beater truck and plow so i think i lucked out. I will let you know how the trucks works hopefully the northeast (connecticut) will see some snow soon.
  2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

uh on I think you're gonna have major problems with onlt an 8" plow. :dizzy:

I think an 8' would suit you much better ussmileyflag:salute:prsport
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Did fisher ever make a 8" plow?:D
  4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck with it... You might want to look into charging by the hour with an 8" plow.
  5. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

6. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

theres the pic to my 8" plow at least i wont go through much hydralic fluid lol....i lucked out though the guy decided to through me a 8' plow in too
  7. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

So is the Dodge 2wd or 4wd???
  8. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

this dodge is a 4wd u guys taught me 2 things already...4wd only and upgrade from a 8" to a 8' it will save a lot of time...thanks alot lol
  9. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

well that's a nice truck, now that you've upgraded to the full 8' over that 8" plow... So have you tried it out yet?
  10. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

ya i drove it plow works perfect he has a contract and 3 trucks so he needs to sell some because he is hurting for cash so the plow is in great working condiditon...truck runs good no check engine lights and tranny shifts good
  11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Good Luck and happy plowing
  12. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Chris, where are you from?
  13. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

stratford ct