1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thank You Chuck Smith

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Mike Nelson, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Thanks to Chuck and his web page

We at New York Snow Pros recieved a call from a film production company looking for someone to salt a road where they were going to do a film shoot. Sent a salt truck down to the site and took care of it for them. :cool:

I asked the young lady how she got our name and number and she told me from snowplowing contractors.com.

Big Kudos for Chuck and his terrific site.:D

Thank You
    Mike Nelson
    New York Snow Pros,Inc.
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

You actually had to salt something recently? You are lucky. Next thing you will tell us that you get to plow sometimes too.

3. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

It was yesterday.

When she called I thought it was a prank at first.

I said the same thing "What Ice". She went on to explain that it was runoff on the shady part of this particular road and it kept on freezing at night.

We are now in her roledex for the next time she needs any type of assistance in the Tristate area.

Thanks Again
    Mike Nelson
    New York Snow Pros,Inc.
  4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You are welcome!

I think it's great! Hopefully when they are shooting in other areas of the US they will hire more contractors from the Directory at Snowplowing-Contractors.com.

I imagine such a directory would be a great asset for film crews. When I think of all those who registered, but didn't reply to the invoices, I am amazed. I could add another 200 contractors tomorrow. I have at least that on file. Those of you who are listed, are in the minority. Hopefully your listings will bring all of you new customers and prosperity!

5. CMerLand

CMerLand Senior Member

Hey Chuck,

Just visited your site and realized I'm no longer listed there and Id assume thats because you've started charging for that service. However, I never knew or received an invoice to stay on-site. Didnt know there was a charge until I read your post above.

Send me an email to CMerLand@aol.com with a mailing address or to get my address to send out an invoice and I'll be happy to re-register.

Maybe my invoice got lost in my anthraxed post office as Im still occasionally getting irridated mail.

Chris Merrick