1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

th350 and th400 detent cables

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bodhidexter, Jul 26, 2004.

1. bodhidexter

bodhidexter Junior Member
    from ma

i have a th350 in a 73gmc k20 it was given to me as part of truck purchase (in bed of truck )where are the significant numbers to order new detent cable(cable leaks)originaly truck was standard. auto is installed.also i have another truck with a th400 this has no detent cable is this normal?
  2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

400's use a switch for the kick down. no idea for the part # sorry :( I by my GM parts from Eric Merchant over here, he is a great guy and very helpfull. Give him a call and he should be able to hook you up gmdieseltech.com

or a local trany shop might have it. Or clean her good and smear some RTV and hope for the best and keep adding fluid if it dosnt hold
  3. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

If I remember correctly there is supposed to be an o-ring (or other seal) around the outside of the kickdown cable where it goes into the trans and maybe a lip seal inside to seal the cable to the housing.