1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TGSO6 Buyers Tailgate Salt Spreader Info

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by banonea, Oct 18, 2009.

1. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

Has anyone ever used or own a TSGO6 Buyers Salt Dog Spreader. Looking to pick one up and just wanted to get some info if they are any good. Looking to run salt/sand mix with it and want to make sure i get the right one
  2. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

my buddy bought one last season . I laughed at it when i seen him use it . theres now way your running any thing but dry bagged salt and even with that it sucks he has a vibrator on it and it barley spits and salt out . I swore theyre was something wrong with the thing like the spinner was spinning the wrong way but it wasnt lol . He paid like 1100 for the thing the biggest waste of money I would go with a snowex SP-1875 Bulk Pro tailgate spreader with the auger in it for running bulk i run one its not a vbox but its way better than the buyers pos .
  3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I bought one to use this year. I took it out for a test run with a few hundred pounds of bagged and a few hundred pounds of slicer. The bagged stuff ran through it great and it seem to put out quite a bit. The slicer clumps did clog it up but I fabbed up a screen out of expanded metal and it worked great.

I dont have tons of money to be spending right now and the TGS06 fit my budget.
  4. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for the info.