1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TGSO1B Help. how to replace motor?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by 350 STROKER, Jan 16, 2011.

1. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

I need to repalce the motor on my TGSO1B spreader. It seems there are an old style and new style and the motors are different. the problem I'm having is how to get the auger section off the motor. I can't find a clear picture on the net of how long the shaft on the motor is. the pic on the buyers site shows a long shaft and then other sites show a short about half inch shaft. The one I have has a plastic spreader wheel. I have removed the pin that runs through the shaft that hold the wheel on but I don't see a break in the shaft that would indicate that the auger would come off at that point. I can't use and heat because of the plastic wheel. our other buyes spreader has a small metal flange that the wheel bolts two so you can remove it pretty easy. I have soaked everything with PB blast but just can see where it all breacks apart. if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. we are supposed to get some ice tuesday and I need to get this thing back in service. thanks for the help

Rich

2. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

ok.. messed with this thing yesterday and found what looks to be a rusted nasty set screw at the very top of the motor where. took about 5 minutes of wire brushing to find it. it's so rusty i can't tell if it was/is and allen head or what size. something tells me i'll be stuck drilling this one out.