1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TGS07 mounting storage ideas

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by hosenfeffer, Oct 22, 2014.

1. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Instead of reinventing the wheel wanted to see if anybody has any neat tricks for one man mounting and removing spreader. I usually do it myself unloaded on a 4 wheel platform with a cheap floor jack mounted under some boards. needs improving though can be tippy!!
    Thinking of drilling and mounting large eye bolts somewhere to connect to chain/cable to hang unit. Anyone try this yet?

Thanks in advance. Other than that three years in 40 space lot and personal/family driveways no real issues except for need of cleaner material or functioning screen in bottom of unit.

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I made a cart/dolly that lines up (very close) with my receiver hitch. Nice thing is I can move the spreader around in the shop and outside to wash.
    I did add a beefy crash bar to the spreader which also serves as a resting point when on the cart.

cart.jpg

crashbar.jpg

3. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Looks like nice work. Thanks for the pics. Have similar for mine but not as stable with saltdogg tgs07.
    Looking more to "hang" mine outside since while mounted on truck about a foot too long to park in garage. OOOPS!