1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tgs07 mounting removing question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by hosenfeffer, Oct 12, 2011.

1. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Any body make a stand or dolly for the tgs07 or similar tailgate spreader? Did a search that came up short, sorry if this is a rehashed question. This is for one person to mount dismount unit hopefully empty! thanks

2. CCL LLC

CCL LLC Junior Member

I have 2 cinder blocks with a 2x8 on top, it sits there perfectly. Sometime I throw a 5 gallon bucket under the tongue for some extra support.

3. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

took an old HD furniture dolly last night and made a 2x frame on top with a 1/2 plywood sheet on top of that with an old small floor jack on the dolly frame seems to be a moveable set up. Will see what happens when there is some weight in it.
    Just want to back up to the garage and unhook and wheel it out of the way.

4. jfarme02

jfarme02 Junior Member

I just purchased the same spreader and wonder if anyone has come up with any new ways to remove/install the spreader?

5. plowinli

plowinli Member

We make one also with 2x's, plywood and dolly wheels but becareful not to make too high because your truck hieght will change with plow and or ballast. We made ours shorter and cut wedges out of 2x4's to adjust the hieght.

6. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

Motorcycle jack, and build a wooden jig so that it will hold both the hitch part and the back, then I strap it. I can remove or install easy at any height.

7. jfarme02

jfarme02 Junior Member

Do either of you have pictures? I have a 4-wheeler jack that might work...

8. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

I cant send picks on this site do not know why. my email is ssteinfeldt@yahoo.com send me a emil and I can send you some picks.

9. Nutz4Plowing

Nutz4Plowing Member

I use a refrigerator two wheel hand truck. It has a strap that goes around the unit and works great...Empty that is...Just a ratchet strap, and the lip under the frame and wheel it on and off with ease. No pics for you...sorry GL