1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TGS07 Adjustments

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bhmjwp, Dec 19, 2014.

1. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Putting together a new Saltdogg TGS07 spreader. What are the best performance adjustments for the inside baffle and the outside feeder adjustment? I only run dry bagged rock salt. Hoping to get close to the 30' advertised!

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I have only ever run bulk in mine but I can say that with dry salt 1" open baffle should work good with bagged. Last season that worked great with bulk and I rarely used the vibrator. This season our salt has more moisture in it and I had to open the baffle along with using the vibrstor a lot more. I run the lower chute open. One thing I have noticed is that the salt will compact and stall the motor if the vibrator is run to much. Basically I just pulse it on and off as needed. As far as spread distance I can't say that mine spreads an even 30' . It lays more to the center and left of the truck. With dry bagged I'm sure it spreads better.

3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Thanks for the tips, better now than during a storm to try!