1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TGS06 motor problems

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Bashby, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I've got what I think is a tgs06 that's a couple or 3 years old. My controller display died a while ago so I dont getr any error messages or anything, (I.ve been told that I would have to buy a controller to fix that). My main problem is that every time I turn the spreader on, I have to go back and give it a spin or 2 or 3, then it will work until I shut it off and try to restart. I'm guessing my motor's getting weak but any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i dont want to go !

that's a common problem ,the motor looks big but is a little bit weak .it's in a bad area most back into a pile and bend the spreader mount frame or motor shaft .some time's you can help by putting at little bit (a drop or two ) of 2+1 Light oil on the shaft bushing .and make shure you are getting good grounds and clean voltage to the motor .they really need a better motor ,of course it's a hazardous area were it's at !

3. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I've got the one with the motor inside the hopper, so no worries about backing into stuff. I need to break out the voltmeter and make sure I'm getting full Battery voltage to the motor on startup... Thanks for the advice.