1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tgs05b

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by milwaukeevtwin, Dec 21, 2009.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

I am blowing a fuse on my tailgate spreader. I have it on a thirty amp fuse about a foot away from the battery. Is this fuse not big enough? Should i have a 50 amp? I added this for protection. Any thoughts?
    Thanks, Ron

2. milwaukeevtwin

Tailgate salter

Nobody knows anything anything about these?:rolleyes:

3. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

how old is it does it work ok when you put a fuse in it

4. milwaukeevtwin

Spreader

Brand new this year. i think i am going to try a 40 amp fuse. It worked fine today with a 30 amp fuse.
    Thanks, Ron

5. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

What kind of salt are you running in the spreader?

6. milwaukeevtwin

salt

Halite rock salt. WHY!

7. 33yearsinsnow

from ohio

I ask becouse the TGS05 or any tailgate spreader will only run #1 rock salt or calcium, any thing else will jam up in the auger and then pop a fuse (the safety so you do not fry a controller). You state that this is a new TGS05, Buyers has had some problems with there controllers this year on some of there bigger spreaders so you may want to check with your dealer to see if the controller on you spreader is on the list of problem controllers.

8. tinffx

tinffx Member

I run mine with no protection. There is a circuit breaker in my box & it says "motor stalled" when it jams up. I believe it has a circuit breaker built in, which should eliminate the need for a fuse. Or at least run one with a higher trip/burn then the built in breaker. I don't know if they make a slow blow fuse for that but it might be another option.

9. 33yearsinsnow

from ohio

How old is your spreader tinffx? i believe that Buyers is using a new controller this year and i would always recommend a fuse ($1 fuse or $200+ controller)

10. milwaukeevtwin

Controller

I run a fuse off the battery, because it is alot easier to pop the hood and change it instead of tearing the controller apart. Weird thing is, I have been running the salter for two days with a 20 amp fuse and it has worked fine. This thing is only about three months old. It was ordered from Angelos. I do not have any other complaints.
    Thanks, Ron

11. milwaukeevtwin

Salter

I have been trying to get Technical support for the last two days. No responce when i call. I wait on hold and then i get put into a voice mail and then no returned call. You would think a company that has been in business for this long would have an email adress to leave a message. I also want to talk to them about the brackets that are attached to the salter and to to the stake pockets on the truck. Both brackets are bending and i have not even put over 500 pounds of salt in it at once.Anybody else having problems with these?
    I was thinking about buying a couple more next year, but now i am having second thoughts. I may go back to the Westerns:dizzy:
    Thanks, Ron

12. doggmountrep

doggmountrep Junior Member

It is extremely busy this time of year. Make sure you left a message; Buyers will answer your message in the order it was received. Call again within 24 hours (sometimes they have difficulties with messages system). Especially during around the holiday. Thanks!

13. milwaukeevtwin

Technical support

Still nothing. No returned call. No answers on here. I sent a pm to Scott early last week and no responce. This is not fun. I had more problems with it yesterday and this is getting OLD. I am not very happy:realmad::realmad:

14. tinffx

tinffx Member

Maybe a fuse should be in order for me then. I think the thing is only supposed to draw 15 amps - would a 20 amp fuse get me done?

15. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

This is also a big vacation week because of the holidays.

16. milwaukeevtwin

Week

What about the week before?