1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TGS05B is Jammin

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by zerolatency, Feb 2, 2010.

1. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

So ignoring the fact that i got a load of really ****** bulk ( seems they thought i ordered gravel..... they threw in the water, rocks and mud for free!) i'm having trouble spreading bulk out of a TGS05B... i know they aren't made for bulk but thats not what i'm here to ask about, nor what i want to hear, i already know that....

If i carefully go through the salt as i'm loading it, remove rocks/frozen chunks etc it seems like the salt is still a little on the coarse side and would like to hear from anyone with any idea on how i could get away with spreading it anyway..... Please avoid responses like "buy a different spreader" or "you should only spread bagged" don't have the money for a new spreader right at the moment or i would have one, and i would really rather not have to order any more bagged salt once i run completely out ( have been testing with bulk to see how it would work, not totally out of bags yet) Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I would think adding a vibrator would help they run about $200-$300. Do you plan to keep on running bulk or just what you have. It may be a good investment if your going to stay with bulk.

3. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

The vib was a great investment... at first i was having the boring out problem everyone seems to have.... that fixed it right up, unfortunately it did too good of a job, now everytime i turn it on it jams the spinner up with too much product..... thanks for the idea though, forgot to mention i had added the vib

4. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Maybe see if you can get a bigger motor for it. I just replaced mine and it seems to be more powerful than the old one. Not sure how to fix your problem so just throwing some ideas out there.

5. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

yeah i could look that route but as of right now the spreader is still under warranty (bought this fall before the decision to run bulk was made...) and i don't really want to risk burning a controler out.....

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I've read somewhere that a lot of them were wired incorrectly from the factory and even if they look correct they aren't. I think it should spin counter clockwise if you are looking down through the hopper.

7. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

these are not wired at the factory. the installer wires them. follow the instructions and you can't go wrong...

8. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

Thanks guys... looks like i'm finishing the bagged i have and then filling a couple hundred pounds at a time and hopeing it doesn't jam........ someone posted something on here about possibly building in an emergency trap door to clear jams easier but i haven't seen any pictures yet.....