1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tghinking about a new to me truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowin207, Aug 26, 2011.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

i'm thinking of trading my 01 sierra 1500 ecsb for a 05 2500hd my plow is kinda in rough shape so i was wondering to save some money on the loan what would be needed to put my plow on the HD and is it worth it. i know a 7.5 is small for the 2500 but money is tight and trying to get the most i can figured i could buy a used blade later on. what are your thoughts? thanks in advance.

2. plowin207

plowin207 Member

my plow is a fisher mm1

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

You would need 7169 push plates and new headlight wiring for the 2500, if money is tight you gotta do whatever you have to, to get by.

4. plowin207

plowin207 Member

about how much would those parts be?

5. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

What is different between the 1500 and 2500 lights?

6. buddymanzpop

The difference is not in the 1500 vs 2500, in 1999 when GM came out with the new body style Sierra's and Silverado's they changed the lighting system to a negative common from a positive common, which simply means instead of switching on and off the power they switch on and off the ground, they continued this practice until 2002 and then went back to positive common in 2003.

7. 06Sierra

from Maine

The plow I have came off of a 2001 GMC, I have a 2006 GMC. I think the 01 was a 2500 and mine is a 1500. I did have to take the plug apart, where it plugs into the factory light harness, and swap the wires around though.

8. buddymanzpop

You can reconfigure the headlight wiring to make it work. Is it a two plug SEHP plow or a three plug Insta-Act plow? On the three plug you have to make changes to the headlight wiring plugs at the lights and at the isolation module.

9. 06Sierra

from Maine

3 plug insta act.

10. buddymanzpop

Do you high beam and low beams work properly on the plow when the plow is hooked up?
    Do the truck high and low beams work properly without the plow?

11. 06Sierra

from Maine

Initially I only had high beams. Once I swapped the wires around in the plug everything worked fine, with and without the plow.