1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Teton Counties...ID and WY

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Kentuckydiesel, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I haven't been on here in a while but I'm about to make a big move and hope I might get some help as My wife and I are more than likely going to be living in Driggs, ID by December.

While I sold my old plow truck a while back as Ky didn't have enough regular snow for it to earn it's keep, I have been considering setting my current truck up for snowplow subcontracting through the winter months.
    I assume with drifting and lightweight snow, that wider/taller plows are the thing...is this correct? How much need is there for subcontractors in the area and what is the usual hourly rate range for, lets say a 9.5' plow? Is sand spreading capability a big requirment? Does anyone know of any good contacts?

Thanks, Phillip

2. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

BTW, if you're not familliar with the area...I'm bascally referring to the area surrounding Jackson (Hole), WY.

-Phillip

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010