1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Testing Unimounts?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dstosh, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Is there any kind of dealer device that you can plug into a unimount that will test functions with out having to hook it to the truck? Like you just plug in the plugs like you would in the truck. Can something be made up?

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your electrically inclined you can build a test unit from scratch... a bit time consuming if your only going to use it for a plow or two but a very handy tool if your in a position where you need to test/check them often without being mounted on the truck.

3. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Hmm sounds like a good summer project. I thought I saw some type of device on ebay a while back. thanks

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Western makes a whole test unit to test every plow, truck and controller made. No idea what the price is. But every western dealer has one. I loved using the one I had at my winter job. To all the guess work out of stuff.