1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

testing testing

Discussion in 'Test Post Forum' started by ultimate lawns, Feb 2, 2003.

1. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

2. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

3. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Man those pics are HUGE for a web site. You should resize them, to take up less space, and load faster.

~Chuck

5. Chuck Smith

from NJ

The file size of this one was 204 KB. I resized it here (to 40% of original size, which was 90 KB), compressed it 50%, and it is now 21.7 KB.

BIG difference in file size. Also, instead of leaving spaces in the file name (which automatically replaces spaces with %20), try using the_key_instead_of_spaces. :)

~Chuck

intersecting_angle_of_ford.jpg

6. Chuck Smith

from NJ

I just checked out your web page. I waited 4 minutes and all the images still did not finish loading so I closed it out (no cable modem or DSL here).

What you need to do, is re-size all your pictures, then re-upload them. The problem now, is that you have the full size images, which the web page is loading, but you are telling the page to display the images at a specific (smaller) size. The page is still loading the HUGE image files. The only way to help it load faster is to make the images smaller.

Almost every photo editor program can resize images, either by % of original size, or by pixels. I like % because it is easier.

I don't know if you scanned in those pics, or if you used a digital camera, but either way, there should be a re-size option, typically under "Image" on the tool bar of the photo editor (or scanner) software program.

I use Paint Shop Pro myself.

~Chuck

7. HerkFE

HerkFE Member

test

test