1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Testing for public works job???

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by jegolopolli, Jun 10, 2012.

1. jegolopolli

jegolopolli Junior Member

I have been applying for public works jobs for a while now and have been selected for testing. What do these tests typically consist of? Is is written or equipment/vehicle proficiency tests? I just want to have a general idea of what I am walking into so I can be a little bit more prepared.

Thanks if you have any advice!

2. JohnMeyer

JohnMeyer Member

Here in New York there are study guides available at the library. They have sample tests that you can take and check the answers in the back of the book. I have found the guides to be quite close to the actual test. I hope this reply helps you even 4 months late.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Did you ever take the test, how was it?

4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Here in MN for MNDOT is like a GED test. Most cities do not use a test.

5. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

urine / hair samples please. you know rahm emanuel , huh?

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Makes sense, I heard the one that Bloomington did back in October was like that as well. Alot of math, problem solving, and so on...