1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Test

Discussion in 'Test Post Forum' started by benscratch, Dec 21, 2010.

1. benscratch

benscratch Junior Member
    from France

Hey guys,

Let me introduce myself, I'm a 17.5 year old French male. I've lived in Farmington, MN for a year in a host family. While I was there, i've worked a bit in the snow removal industry, i shoveled for a company and plowed my host family's farm and my relatives' driveways.

Now that I'm back in France, I'm thinking about plowing to make some money.
    Here in France, nobody hires contractors to remove snow, nobody offers it though. I'm sure people would be willing to pay for it.

I'm about to get a Toyota Hilux 2.5L diesel and since I can't find any plow system or mount to buy, I want to build one. My older brother is a welder, my dad an engineer and I'm going to college for mechanical engineering so it should work out.

Here is my plan for now.
    Let me think what you guys think about it. The picture is still missing some springs, pins and stuff ...

Thanks,
    Ben

solidworks.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, may I suggest you put some springs on so it'll trip when you hit something.
    What are the dimensions on that?

3. benscratch

benscratch Junior Member
    from France

Yep some springs will be installed.

The truck is 5'9'' wide and I'm planning to put a 6.5 ft plow with 6" wings on.

Thanks for your reply

4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Okay, you may want to have a light tower also so you can see when the plow is raised.

5. benscratch

benscratch Junior Member
    from France

Right, that's also planned.
    Thanks for your advice.