1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Test Port Leaking

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by adh2k1, Jan 4, 2016.

1. adh2k1

adh2k1 Junior Member

Hello all, a couple of questions. Older Blizzard 760 (circa 2001-04)

1) My test port starting leaking (spraying upwards) and I lost most of my fluid last night. I was able to get the plow home and take a look at it today and its spraying pretty good. So can I get a test port from an auto parts store or will I need to order one online? Someone said they are from Parker, but I couldn't find a part number to really search.

2) All of the plow electricals are now covered in the fluid. I will wipe them down with a dry cloth, but is there any worry about frying anything?
  2. adh2k1

adh2k1 Junior Member

Or could I get a plug of some sort? I assume if I get the same size 7/16-20 with an o-ring that I could use that temporarily until I get one ordered. Our former dealer doesn't really carry any parts anymore at least not for a plow this old. I'm not sure if this is the same as on newer ones, but from what I understand it's a pretty generic part.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

IMO. Just get a plug for now.
    Take the test port off, take it to a hydro shop. They MIGHT have the correct fittings in stock.
  4. scottr

scottr Senior Member

I believe it's just a # 6 O-Ring boss fitting. Not sure an auto store would have one but any hose / hydraulic shop / store will have them.
  5. adh2k1

adh2k1 Junior Member

I was able to get one at our auto parts store. I'm back up and running! Plow seems a little bit slower but I can't tell if it's my imagination or not.