1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Test Drive 2008 f-250 6.4--WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Turf Masters, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

At 12:15 today I got out of the most wonderful truck I ever laid eyes on.I have owned nothing but GMC trucks since I was a kid but GM is about to have there Ass handed to them if the new pickups don't look and perform like the new Super Duty.The Diesel is so quiet it sounds like a gasser.20 inch rims,duel pipes in rear and this monster sits so high off the ground your wife will need a ladder to get into it.I cannot say enough good this of what I saw and drove today about this truck.The inside is a real mans TRUCK.The dash is laid out so you can read everything and no waiting to start this new engine.Just get in and turn the key.So many good things to say even at a price of $46k.Go test drive one yourself you will be very happy you did!.

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

wow, sounds nice

Only thing, I didnt know they were hitting the lots already. Ill have to keep my eyes open for it.
  3. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

ive also been waiting to drive one no dealer around here has one though. I did drive one of dodges new 6.7 the other day. The engine was quit and had good power but the new trans didn't impress me to much. Got on it and it red lined for like 5 sec's until i let off the throttle.
  4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Settle down boy.. seams like you getting a little too excited..

You must be saying the Duramax has always been better because it was quite, when you say "The Diesel is so quiet it sounds like a gasser".
    20 inch rims are better... when you have to replace the tires? Have you prices a 20" E rated tire latly? Obviously not, you better refinance your house.
    Sits so high off the ground your wife will need a ladder to get into it. Is that a good thing. No thanks I'm not climbing my self into my truck and sliding off my seat to the ground.
    The inside is a real mans TRUCK.( hey guys, I guess we all drive girls trucks!)
    The dash is laid out so you can read everything and no waiting to start this new engine. Hmm...I can read everything, I graduated 6th grade. And the Duramax has had fast acting glow plugs and there is no wait, I can hardly see the light flash with the little glow plug.

Sorry man, I just have to read this and say.. Is this a joke. There are other things that are not to my liking with the new Ford... like twin turbos and still not enough head studs, one of the biggest dollar issues Ford had had with the 6.0. O yeah.. Stay away from the first year production, It may be OK, but if history repeats itself, it won't..you'll be sure to find improvements next year on it.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

And besides all the hype... Ford is sueing Navistar over the engines anyway. I will sure wait till Ford gets a new engine to work over the long haul. Just my opinion anyway. :dizzy:
  6. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

What's up with you GM guys? You can't let this guy enjoy his experience? Sounds like truck envy to me. My goodness....:cry:
  7. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

they are not all that high. You must just be real short. lol

Heres a pic:

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

No kidding! this thread is juicy with envy! I am ecxited to see the new truck. I really hope that it turns out to be a sucess. Quite honestly, we need to hope any sucess on all american car companies as they are all in pretty bad shape. I would hate to be fighting over the next forign fullsize.
  9. kysnowman

kysnowman Member

Just another turd from ford! Heard they were bringing back the 7.3, NOT! Actually that's the best diesel motor ford has and epa drove it away.
    Ford is scrambling and praying right now that the 6.4 will hold up, but like I said earlier just another turd from ford!
  10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That is not funny.:realmad: :nono:
  11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

All that was is a rant from a dodge ctd owner.:dizzy: They are very nice trucks, just the front still is kinda weird. Very nicely done by Ford. I do hope that the 6.4 pans out good for them. Their company is slowly getting worse and they need something like this to help them. But if this 6.4 has the same issues as the early 6.0, then who knows the fate of Ford and their trucks. I will definatly test drive one to compare it to the new 2500/3500 HD. The twin turbo should be sweet, with lower spool up times and a lower torque curve and be able to make more power higher in the rpm band. I say kudos to Ford!!!:D

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yeah no kiddin thats the first thing i thought when i read yaz's childish ass response.
  13. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Those Chevy guys are so sad that their redesign turned out hidious, and need to vent their anger, even though this truck is really "The Man.", as some would call it.

ill agree the new chevys are hidious.
  15. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I guess I had a bad a day at work... lol

Realy I'm happy they are making somthing you liked.. really I am. You should have saw me beat the crud out of a Toyota sales rep at the motorcycle show this weekend. He was raving how this new full size Toyota was so much stonger than the american full size trucks and it has full box frame up front under the front. That all I had to hear. I asked him point blank so if the box frame is so great why is that they don't use it in the back :dizzy: umm it so the bed flexes... too rigid is not good for a truck. Realy? And then he said you can even put a plow on this without any plow prep package... hmm. So what's the front GVW he didn't know, I had to show him the door sticker..I forget what it was , but it was pritty low.

ill tell you what if toyota steps up their game and makes a true full size hd truck, the american truck companys will have there hands full for sure. until that they are nothing but grocery getter pickups.
  17. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

I agree look what they already did to the car market.
  18. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

have you seen the 2008 f 450 pickup????? holy crap, gotta be the heaviest rated factory pickup of the big four ever.
  19. Jay brown

are you having a bad day?
  20. Jay brown

don't forget, toyota is an american truck company..... i do agree with what you you said though