1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

terrible (no) service

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BoulderBronco, Nov 1, 2010.

1. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

I posted in the Fisher discussion but of course it ended, my pleas for help and service were not heard and or erased. I'm tired of this crap from Fisher.
    Now to be fair it's not all Fishers fault. I asked the Fisher rep in the discussion if I could replace my center pin on my 8'6" SS XV. He said that the warranty has been extended and to contact my dealer. There in lies the problem. There are only two Fisher dealers in all of Colorado. I got tired of a complete lack of help years ago from one of them. So I tried the other. After more than a week or repeated calls and voice mails I am still without any sort of call back. I even talked to the guy twice. "Yeah no problem I'll call you back today." Five days later still no call. So I call again and talk to him again. I give him my serial number and purchase date so he can get the pin on hand before I come in. Five days later still no call back (he was just checking on warranty not ordering yet.) WTF? So I'm saying screw them but I don't have much of an option. This morning I called the other dealer that I dropped a few years ago. I can't even talk to someone. I get transfered and then to voice mail. Same thing would happen half the time with the initial dealer. What ever happened to being able to talk to someone in service when you call. Not only can you not talk to anyone but if you actually do get to someone they don't know a thing about plows and they don't call back. I'm so sick of this s*$t.
    Anyway I left a message this morning and never heard back. That to me sucks. Have we really lost that much in customer service over the years? I know I'm not out of line expecting a call back in the same day because I run two businesses and know how to treat people never mind customers. If for some reason I can't answer the phone I call and/or email back within minutes.
    The biggest issue of all is it's been 65-70 degrees and sunny all fall. What happens when I really need service during a storm or in a hurry. It just doesn't exist.
    SO PISSED!!!
    FISHER, WAKE UP AND TRAIN YOU DEALERS TO PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Why not just drop the plow off to the dealer that you bought it from...its not like you need it right now. They're more apt to deal with it if the plow is actually there. Not to mention, I'm sure there not strictly selling plows all year long. Fisher will step in and help if you make a good faith effort on your part. Prematurely calling and complaining will do nothing but piss your dealer off, and where you only have the two of them, you don't really have that luxury of pissing them off. I feel your pain man, it's alot of BS for so called "Great Service". Stay calm and relentless....you'll get it taken care of.

3. BoulderBronco

I was going to drop it off when I thought better of it. It can snow any day and many times you barely have any warning. Actually it's amazing that it has not snowed at all yet. We usually get plowable snow in October.
    So I don't want my plow stuck at some dealer for two weeks while they figure out warranty and parts. Also the dealer is 30 minutes away so it's not just down the street.
    All the calls and conversations/voice mails have been very nice and in no way angry. I'm not like that. Even at this point I don't get very angry with them because of exactly what you said, it does no good to piss them off. I'm just so tired of the complete lack of customer service, in every aspect of life. Very hard to find these days.

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

30 minutes isn't that bad. You can always run and get it in a worst case scenario. If it were me, I would atleast make an appearance with the plow and cell phone in tow. Express your point of view and go from there. If you walk out of there dissatisfied, let him know that your calling Fisher from his parking lot. I can tell you this much, 99% of the time, I always am able to talk to someone in customer support when I call, if not they call me back within an hour or so. Direct line (207) 596-0109 , hit 0, then ask for customer support / dealer complaint.

Good luck!

5. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Get some help from John Murphy or one of the Fisher guys on here. Get some horsepower involved, I bet it doesn't sit there for 2 weeks! Still BS for having to go through all that trouble but I bet its the quickest to resolve it!

6. BoulderBronco

You guys are right about calling Fisher direct or emailing. I've done that in the past various issues. I was about to do that this morning but Fisher beat me to the punch (mark down a plus for Fisher.) One of their reps PM'd me here with his direct line number. I called him, left a message and he called me back within the hour. He is going to of course see what he can do and talk to the dealer directly.
    Good job and good customer service Fisher. Thank you. Now I am just waiting on a call from my local dealer to get this small service item rolling.

7. BoulderBronco

Props to Fisher for getting this handled. Got a call from the dealers service manager today. After all that BS they had the pin in stock. But anyway I am bringing it in on Thursday for the pin update and some basic servicing. Thanks Fisher (Roger) for helping out with this situation and taking care of your customer.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sorry, but how is this not entirely Fisher's fault?

BTW, I'm glad you were able to get your pin replaced after calling the other side of the country.

9. LON

LON Senior Member

sometimes it takes another dealer alerting the proper people. :nod:
    Roger is a great guy.

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

What happens with all of the customers who don't visit this website?

11. BoulderBronco

Exactly. I'm taken care of but what about the others? It is sad that I had to go through all this just for some service.

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

I partially agree to what's being said here. Fisher obviously had an issue with the pin, ok, they've updated to be better, (whether it is or not...), end user needs it changed out, ok, he calls dealer to set it up, ok, dealer is a jacka@@, see where I'm going with this.

Some of the dealers are out of control, they could care less about service, and more about sales, and of coarse these bone heads don't put two and two together and realize that they go hand in hand. I don't see that being Fisher's fault, except to say "if they got it right the first time", which that in itself is debatable if you get the right two guys in a room together. All I'm saying, if Fisher is unaware of the dealers actions, they can't do anything about it.

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Fisher needs to take a chapter out of just about every other service industry out there and do follow up questionairs with their customers after service. Maybe they do, but it seems like they don't. Most places have a follow up call, email, or mailer that you fill out with your service, anything under "completely satisfied" is a failing grade. The dealer is then rated on this scoring and the better dealers have higher rankings.

It helps keep the guys at corporate more in touch with their dealers and their customers and in turn will keep their customers coming back to purchase parts, have service, purchase accessories and more equipment.

As for the dealers stocking parts, no one stocks parts anymore. Its too much of an overhead nowadays, and the factories making the parts are always backordered (on purpose). I deal with this daily at my job, and its extremelly annoying.

14. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

I am sure Fisher is looking for new dealers that can make the investment and provide excellent service . Go for it ! I have had tremendous service from Fisher and my local dealer Fisher dealer Tuck's Trucks in Hudson , MA

15. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

Fisher has always gone the extra mile for me and stood by their product. Also my dealer is fantastic they not only have parts for fisher but also hiniker myers western blizzard snow dogg. As a matter of fact the only parts they don't have are boss cuz the local boss dealer is cheaper than they r on those. Maybe your people skills and tolerance should be evaluated and scored

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

You don't even want to go there with me son. I've been through hell and back with Fisher, along with several others on here, on a wide array of products and issues. In my latest saga, they've finally manned up and did the right thing after a year of BS. With that being said, no one dealer is the same, but the overall theme of things, especially in the mid west, is that the dealers are not exactly getting 5 stars on they're surveys (figure of speech, I don't even think they have surveys). Everyone here in this thread has a Fisher...so what does that tell you? Not all Dealers, and situations are bad. I have a excellent dealer, but there about an hour and half drive one way. I would ask (I think I speak for everyone here); That you take a step back and assess your attitude before jumping in on a topic...please & thank you.

On a fair note, I've been wowed by Fisher 3 times this season thus far, and the snow hasn't even hit the ground yet.

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

I would love to become a dealer....I think. From this side of the table, I know I would do well, but there is always those pesky details that no one really knows of, or thinks about until you get to the other side.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you knew Ryan and my full stories, I think you would retract that comment.

Then again, considering you had the brass to say it to begin with, probably not.

19. BoulderBronco

These issues and the lack of general Fisher Products out here in Colorado, makes me want to open a shop as well. But selling snowplows only is a tough business to run plus all the logistics as you said Repo.

20. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

It looks like CO needs more Fisher dealers ! A good one would do very well !
    You wouldnt have to only sell snowplows .