1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

terex tl120 loader????

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by jc8, Jan 9, 2013.

1. jc8

jc8 Junior Member
    from ON

Anyone with experience with the Terex tl120?

Then again anyone with Terex experience?

JC

2. dycproperties

dycproperties Member

I have one on rental this winter and we have put 200 hrs on it and so far we really like it has lots of power for a small machine we have a 12 ft box on it and it pushes no problem. I own a pt 50 skid steer and really like it. Terex makes a really good product and it helps the local dealer is great to work with.

3. jc8

jc8 Junior Member
    from ON

Where are you in northern Ontario? (I'm in North Bay!!!!) It would be nice to know that there is a good dealer around (Barrie would be closest, or the Sault!!!)
    Good to know you are impressed with the unit...anything bad things about it?
    Thanks!

4. dycproperties

dycproperties Member

I'm in the sault the dealer here is construction equipment. The only down sides are the price. I'm getting a great rental rate but purchase price is around $95000, I would like to buy it but it's hard to justify. Also I'm 6'7 so the head room is tight but my guys who are more average Hieght have no problems and they run it more than me.

5. jc8

jc8 Junior Member
    from ON

What's your opinion on a 12' plow? Do you think it would make the rear end loose traction and force the driver to crab walk the plow to the snow banks?
    JC

6. dycproperties

dycproperties Member

We run a 12 ft box on it and have no problem just have to not take full scoopes on really heavy snow. We had 12 inches at once before christmas and for that we took the box off for some sites to be safe.