1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Terex TL 80

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Rich Graz, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

I just purchased this Compact Wheel loader Terex TL 80 and should take delivery in a week or two. I wanted to post a few pictures to show it off. Can't wait to push some snow with it. :bluebounc I am contemplating what size pusher box to go with. I like arctic and the trip on it seems amazing, I also want to go with a metal cutting edge but I'm open to options.

IMG00115-20110829-1437.jpg

IMG00116-20110829-1438.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  2. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Here is another pic

IMG00117-20110829-1438.jpg

3. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 Member
    from KY

I'm jealous. I would love to have a loader that size.

4. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

well it was 60k and its not a crazy price like a regular sized loader and the bucket is a 1.2 yard but will soon have a snow box. The best thing about it is that is brand new and I get to fart in the seat first :laughing: but if you come to NJ I promise the test drive is free:)

5. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Nice machine. Good luck. I like those smaller loaders. Have fun! Thumbs Up

6. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

is Terex based off another brand?

I know there skid steer line was ASV or there was some relation there.
    The loader looks similar to a volvo?

7. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice loader, a 10 or 12ft pusher would be perfect for that machine in average snow falls.

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Did you buy that just for snow work?

9. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Snow is the only use I have for it

10. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

ASV and Terex are the same company (I believe that the Track equipment with the "PosiTrack" was all ASV and Terex was always the larger earth moving equipment) not sure if they are still marketing under ASV name and I know that the dealer I had purchased this from had ASV track loaders (which was great on the test drive I took, problem was they were only 5 or 6 grand cheaper then my TL80) in there lot in I believe yellow & black color a year or two ago and had switched over to branding Terex in white on the Track machines. The engine on my TL 80 is a German, Deutz which is a 140yr old engine company.

11. AllOutLandscape

AllOutLandscape Member

ASV was started by the guy who owns polaris and another guy in the late 90's. they were building their own skid loaders know as POSI-Track. CAT bought into their company and started putting their track systems on their machines. then terex bought out asv's skid loader frim all together and now cat has to build their own track systems for their machines, ASV still produces other products such as a hydraulic clutch systems for motocross bikes (found onf KTMS stock) or aftermarket.

12. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Thats exactly what my sales guy said, just didn't remember.

13. toyotaplow

toyotaplow Member

I am interested to hear how that loader works in snow. The company I work for has had that same loader for almost 3 years now, but it has never seen snow. We use it to load landscape materials on pick-ups and small trailers. Works well as a forklift to.

14. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Nice looking machine! What is the top speed on it?

15. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

I got the optional High speed on it and its 22mph in High and 11mph in Low

16. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

Being I live in NJ maybe i can take you up on that offer to the other guy. Thumbs UpThumbs Up

17. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Well your still probably an hour and half away from southern bergen county but if your willing to come (and it's not like i'm selling the machine) , sure why not.

18. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Any reason why you bought a Terex over a deere or cat? for 8K more you could get a deere and for 2K ontop of that you coulda had a cat.....

19. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Any reason why anybody goes to a reliable dealer over another.

And the answer is: Dealer location & Support

I actually called Cat before I purchased this and they never even called me back

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  20. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Right on, I do agree that is very very important, if not the most important... Goodluck with your new purchase!