1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Terex Compact Loaders

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Mark Oomkes, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone know anything about them?

Good, bad or otherwise?

Repair company we use says parts can be difficult to locate, depending on which mochine because they separate dealers by which mochines they can sell.

2. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Mark, we have leased a TL 120 for a couple winters. We like it. We have leased others in the past as well. Road speed is pretty nice. Make sure it has ride control otherwise it can become a bucking bronco.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What's the reason machines do that? Tires flatten from sitting and as you travel they continually hit that spot or what?

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

No Terex experience, but if I had to choose between a cab and ride control on a mini loader I'd probably take the ride control.

I think it has to do with the weight of the blade etc hanging out front and it starts, then just gets worse.

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I have one and guy who used it loves it
    I have TL 80 I think
    Wish I would have got a deer or similar with a skid hook up that's my biggest issue after 4 years and that was my fault I custom made a skid hook up for a snow pusher
    Don't know about parts because nothing has broke yet

6. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

I understand the issue to be related to oil flow in the fully hydrostatic machine. I am not an expert so other than that I would be guessing and no one does that on this site.

BUFF and LapeerLandscape like this.
  7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No.suspension that's why.
    Tires are now acting as springs

8. dycproperties

dycproperties Member

I had a terex TL 120 and it worked really well and pushed a 12 ft hla box without a problem. The one I had was a 2011. I traded it off in the fall for a number of reasons. 1. Parts were always an issue terex does not have a strong parts network in North America some wearable parts would take weeks to arrive. 2. I started seeing quality issues after a couple of years I.e. Ac condenser breaking and failing three times, Exhaust fractured,bushings on rear axle wearing out within 800 hrs. Altinater failed at least twice.
    3. My relationship with my dealer fell apart
    I also lost my shirt on resale and feel lucky to have even sold it.

I would not hesitate to rent one of these units if there was a good dealer and the price was right (also ride control is a must) but I would not own another one unless it was literally nearly free.

I have a terex pt 50 that I am happy with and I find the parts much easier to get and a terex 760 backhoe that I bought used that has treated me well but it's also a little slow for parts

9. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

[​IMG]
    Our compact loader is off brand. It can get drafty but the price was right. Might want to consider a couple of these... about as energy efficient as the ol' trusty Dutch oven.

10. Mark Oomkes

According to their website, they come with the skidsteer hookup now.

11. Mark Oomkes

Kinda what got me wondering. The price he kind of quoted was very low compared to a Deere or New Holland, etc.

Resale tells me a lot about the quality of the equipment.

Thanks, not sure what I'm going to do yet.

12. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

What size are you looking at Mark?

13. Mark Oomkes

Probably a TL80.

14. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

We've used a Wacker for a few years, the 39, weighs a bit less, pushed a 13 blade, just hate paying the rental rate but can't stomach the purchase price either... Are those little Deere and Volvos tough to get parts for?

15. Mark Oomkes

A certain monkey told me Terex of today is not what Terex of yesteryear was.

16. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Have you been in a 244j/k Deere? Our J is an awesome machine. Decent lease prices on them as of last month.

Cat has some pretty attractive leases out right now too.

I see you regretting buying a cheaper loader.

17. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

That's Union monkey to you.....

The company I work for has around 250 concrete mixers....Terex bought Advance mixers about 5+ years ago....Our Fleet was all advance up untill that point....The quality went to crap...Parts were very hard to get...Since that time...The company has purchased over 80 Oskosh mixers...Texex is owned by Hedge Fund guys now...

Mark Oomkes and BUFF like this.
  18. Mark Oomkes

I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time oot of your busy schedule to post this information for me.

FredG likes this.
  19. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I have a Terex Dealer down the road, They don't sell anything anymore accept big crushers and screeners. I don't think they are doing very well at that.

20. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Your Welcome Mark....For you I will drop everything..

BUFF, Mark Oomkes and FredG like this.