1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tennis Court Snowstorm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gordyo, Mar 12, 2003.

1. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Here are some pics of the Grounds Crew removing snow on our tennis courts yesterday.

plowing 3.jpg

2. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Another

plowing 10.jpg

3. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

And another

plowing 14.jpg

4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Another

plowing 8.jpg

5. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

For those who want some details on the machines:

John Deere 1070 w/ Lorenz 630 72" Snowblower

John Deere 855 w/ 47" JD Snowblower

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Nice machines just can't say I'd be cleaning off the courts. Must be a diehard Tennis area there. We play indoors in winter. The wind off the lake makes the wind chill low and the court too slippery.

Jerre

For real fun try winter golf on snowmobiles vs golf carts. Tracker balls with pick clean and set rules.

7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Gordy,

Thanks for the visit. Sorry about the coffee. I'm sure it was pretty thick after brewing all night. Glad to hear your and Tod made it back ok. Nice sled and a good deal on it.

Now that I know you were preparing for the return of the College clan from spring break I know why you were doing the Tennis courts in March.

Hope to see you again at the SIMA show in June.

Jerre

8. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Jerre,
    Don't let him fool you. They could care less about tennis. That was all about playing with the toys, and that was one of the only places left with snow to play in. ;) Speaking of playing, this reminds me that I think I'll take the back hoe down to one of my lots that I set up some big piles of snow in. With that I should be able to make a nice snowboarding jump. Thanks for posting those pics Gordyo because it reminded me to go have fun in the little bit of snow piles we have left LOL.

9. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Here you go River Hill