1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Temporary Equipment Compound

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JD Dave, Nov 26, 2008.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

This is what we made to park equipment onsite. My dad made the first one about 20 years ago and this one was made about 8 years ago.

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Thats a rough neighbourhood there-I'm sure that lockup helps you sleep a bit better.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Where's the guard shack for Barney and his 1 bullet ?:confused:
  4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

No need for a shack-he just hides in that garbage can, otherwise Dave gave him a huge scope for when he's working the drive thru window.
  5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good jd, keep it safe. Although it would look alot better with a foot of snow around it!:waving:
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Back around 1985 someone stole the batteries out of the one tractor and the extentsion cords were always getting stolen so this is what we came up with. we have three of them one smaller and one alot bigger then this one.
  7. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

Where's the Razor wire top???
  8. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

My thought exactly
  9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Great idea JD:drinkup:
  10. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Looks really nice, JD. I guess I feel lucky that we hardly ever take the keys out of anything or lock our doors! Tried taking keys out, they just got lost!
  11. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

That should help, I hear people like to steal HID's too.
  12. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

I think the biggest concern around here is Fuel theft....
    This past summer you couldn't leave anything anywhere with out a guard or it would be empty by morning.
  13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The tractors sit for 5 months in a mall parking lot and it's only rally meant to keep honest people out. If you rerally want to steel a tractor all the keys are the same anyway. BTW I leave the keys in all my stuff at my house.
  14. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Don't mind me, just taking a trip to JD's house. [​IMG]
  15. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

I did sort of forget that most Deere & Kubota keys are the same so far as I know. Hope I don't cause a rash of equipment & tractor thefts!:p
  16. DKG

DKG Senior Member

Does that fence stop parking control from ticketing you for overnight parking?
  17. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I have people who don't really know the business well say that to me all the time about leaving keys in stuff. for anyone that can move that equipment the least of their issue would be starting it. If someone wants something it will be gone.
  18. Ducke

Ducke Member

Live from the Duck Pond

Hey come January when Obama gets in the White House and he closes out Quantonimo Bay there will be all kinds of those compounds for sale cheap.:D
  19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

LOL, I'm sure it would.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

As long as it slows them down. A contractor in town just lost 2 newer bobcats... parks them at a yard right beside the 401. Guess someone stopped by and picked them both up last week. They found them in Quebec so I hear. This is one of the reasons we got the code system for our bobcat. no keys, and you can change the code for different users. It worked well so far.
    Looks like a nice setup. Do you put those up all around or just the one and then drive the equip to other locations. Ive been thinking about making something like that only for my salt pile and my equip.