1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Temporarily lower plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tawilson, Feb 18, 2016.

1. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Did my search duties and couldn't find anything. I have an access road that drops off from the street enough that it leaves 6" of snow before I get straightened out with my Fisher 8.5 Extreme V. I'm gonna try putting the extra links back in and use a quick link to keep the plow up where it's supposed to be after I hit this spot. Anybody got any other trick? The edges of the plow are around 6" off the ground now when raised are folded back so I don't think i want it any lower all thetime, though I will try it. Thanks.

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

What??!?

I'm confused...can't you hit that spot from another direction.

3. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Hit it from the downhill side.

4. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Only going back up the hill, and it's the main drag through town and there's a building on the left so I need to slow down to look for traffic or maybe stop right there.

5. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

I don't need to do it every time I plow. I just want to occasionally clean it up.

6. fhafer

fhafer Member

I'd push in a truck length and a half, back out, turn around, back in and back-drag half a truck length, drive out, turn around and go back in pushing. I hate getting out of the truck if I don't have to.

7. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Me too. That's when the tigers get you. I'll give that a try. Its steep for a ways so I like to just push everything downhill if I can.

8. Casper1

Casper1 Member

You must ride snowmobiles around Cherry Creek? There are real live caged tigers along one of the trails!

9. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

No I was thinking of Apocalypse Now. Don't get off the boat. That's my plan for all the equipment I run.

10. Casper1

Casper1 Member

Not to drift this thread too much, but check out the tigers I was referring to at the 1:50'sh mark on this video. IDK about you? That fence doesn't look nearly high enough.

https://youtu.be/GwMucLeqw2E?t=1m35s

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  11. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Drift it all you want. I consider it bumping. And that is kind of cool.
    So I decided to try my idea. I had to use a quick link on both sides to make the chain even and I commenced to thinking what a pain it's going to be to mess with both of them each time. I think my old Cooper had a 1 chain set up that was easy to adjust height on. So I made mine into one. I shortened the original chain and ran one chain up from that. It worked. It came in handy in another spot behind my rental house that has a hump where the septic tank is that I can't access too well.