1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Temperature gauge in mirror

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sven_502, Dec 1, 2008.

1. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

Hi, I just got a 99 yukon a week or so ago and had my 7.5 unimount put on, to say this truck has a few more options than my 88 did would be an understatement. I may not be using it correctly, but the tempurature gauge on the mirror in this truck has a temp button that you press to make it turn on, and your supposed to hold it to change between C and F, but whichever one I cycle to, it just blinks either a small F or C and eventually defaults to what looks like OC. not 0 C as in zero celcius, the letters O C. I read the manual and it said that if it says anything else other than C or F consult the stealership. My only guess is that whatever kind of sensor this thing has is maybe gone? Would anybody know where that would be located if this is the problem? For now ive just been taking the OC as standing for "Outside Cold". aha. Thanks in advance.