1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Temp. gauge reading on 2001 ram 1500?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Dave Meyers, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

My temp. gauge reads halfway between 130 and 210 which seems too cool. Before I replace the thermostat I want to see where other peoples' guages with stock temp. T Stats ought to read on the guage. The heat is not as warm is it ought to be, everything else about the heating and cooling system is in good shape. My Jeeps with what look like the same gauge read closer to 210. Thanks in advance.
  2. 802PlowMan

802PlowMan Junior Member
    from 05495

My temp guage reads probably an 1/8th of an inch below 210 not sure if its just the gauge or the thermostat. heat still seems to work well. not sure whats going on.

-02 ram 1500 91k miles
  3. 98 3/4 ton Dodge Laramie.
    Just w/ the 8' blade on tooling around at 20 mph I'm at 205F.
  4. AKult

AKult Junior Member

98 dodge here. Idle temp is 180, the hotter the water, the warmer the heat in the cab. I believe you can purchase up to a 200 degree thermostat.