1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

temp gauge not working

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Detroitdan, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Replaced the temp sender on the top of the motor, no difference. All the other gauges work fine, this one just stays dead. Where do I check next, is there a switch or a fuse or something? 94 K2500 diesel
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Did you try ground that temp sensor's wire to block to see if gauge work?

Have this issues on Explorer so I went with aftermarket temp gauge.
  3. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

Make sure you inspect the wiring at the plug. They degrade and fail. NAPA has a replacement pigtail for this issue. My NAPA store stocks them. Makes you Hummmm?

Also make sure you only have one sensor. Some have two. one for the ECU and one for the gauge.
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

the wiring side of the plug looked ok, but the sender side was a little dirty. I did see another plug on the intake that looked identical, but it looked like it had been changed before, and if iirc it wasnt in any coolant area, it was intake so it wouldnt be coolant temp anyway. The one I changed goes into the left side of the tube from the thermostat housing. Guess I need to try following the wires and looking for an issue. Or get an aftermarket gauge for now. I'm putting a plow on it soon, and the temp gauge is priority number one.